PDA

View Full Version : Isle Of Man Validation Question!!!

theaviator2005
16th Sep 2009, 16:51
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows about the Isle Of Man Flight Crew validation based on a FAA license.

Was wondering as i been reading that its pretty easy like Bermuda and so on to get a validation, but was wondering if they have an Min. Total Flight time Required or time on type required...

Thanks

silverknapper
16th Sep 2009, 17:54
Please don't take this as gospel but I was under the impression that you would need a UK validation to fly an M reg a/c. But will happily be corrected if I am wrong.

JB007
16th Sep 2009, 19:56
M-Reg do require IOM validations - email them, they are very approachable chaps!Details all here! (http://www.gov.im/dti/Aircraft/)

RWEDAREYET
16th Sep 2009, 20:11
I have an Isle of Man Validation on a FAA certificate. They are very easy to deal with, many private operators are moving to the M registration because of this. Primary thing is, you need a current medical and proof of a prof check in the last 12 months. Not positive, but I think the validation will run out once your PC runs out.

Anyway, as JB007 said, they are very approachable and I have had a great experience with the folks from IOM.

Cheers