PDA

View Full Version : Moaning pilots

ron83
8th Sep 2009, 16:09
Most of the pilots are great,but there is always some pilots,who doesn't like anything you do:ugh: How do you deal with such pilots,ignore,or telling to shut up?:}

No_Speed_Restriction
8th Sep 2009, 16:30
ICAO Level 4 English me thinks not!!! What the :mad: are you on about?

ron83
8th Sep 2009, 16:44
are you one of those?:E

No_Speed_Restriction
8th Sep 2009, 16:47
If I knew what you were getting at perhaps we can solve your problem?

Blues&twos
8th Sep 2009, 16:53
Can't add anything to the ...errmmm...debate...but just had to say thanks for the thread title.

ron83
8th Sep 2009, 16:55
If I knew what you were getting at perhaps we can solve your problem?
If you don't know pilots who moan about that they should have been 1st etc. maybe you don't work in aviation

Say Again, Over!
8th Sep 2009, 17:01
It has been my experience that if you sound competent and in control of your traffic you will seldom get challenged. :cool::)

Cheers,

Felix

ron83
8th Sep 2009, 17:06
I agree, that's why you wrote "seldom",so I do speak about this seldom cases...It's just interesting how do you react on this?

No_Speed_Restriction
8th Sep 2009, 17:14
think you lost the case by using pilot and asshole together.

ron83
8th Sep 2009, 17:19
well unfortunately I can't rename the thread

Lon More
8th Sep 2009, 17:24
After you've done the job for a few years you'll realise that there's always going to be one. Mr. Bootiful of Norwich, for instance. Just learn to work round him, failing that tell him that no discussion will be accepted on the frequency and request him to contact you after landing, and to have the details of his ratings and employer contact details ready. Usually shuts them up and no more is heard of it.

BTW I came across more asshole controllers than pilots during my career.

ron83
8th Sep 2009, 17:34
Thanks, Lon More:ok:

8th Sep 2009, 17:38
I find that explaining why you are doing what you are doing seldom fails to stop the complaining.

For example the morning rush into AMS across the north sea. Most of the pilots fly the same route day in day out, know that they will be streamed. A quick "you are number 6 into amsterdam" sorts out the moaning pilot quickly.

Be polite and don't rise to it. (can't say that i always follow that advice though ;))

ron83
8th Sep 2009, 17:48
Yes,that definitely does the job. I speak about experience in TMA,when even if there is only 2 acft,but they suppose to be same time over final fix,you have to decide who is nr.1 who is 2...
So once a Ryanair thought that he should be nr 1.,of course it's always better seen from the cockpit:}:ugh: actually when he was returning he tried to give hard time to other atco...and some how I think that most of the times, it's those experienced training captains who like to talk,are they bored?

Scott Diamond
8th Sep 2009, 18:00
Ask them to pick an odd or even number between 1 and 10.. if it's odd, put them #2 and even #1 :}

ImnotanERIC
8th Sep 2009, 18:58
lonmore:

BTW I came across more controllers asshole than pilots during my career.

you dirty b**tard. what you do in the privacy of your own home adds nothing to this thread!!:}

Scott Diamond
8th Sep 2009, 19:12
:D:D:D very good

Waterfall
8th Sep 2009, 19:35
yeah,thats brilliant!:ok::ok::ok:

Surferboy
8th Sep 2009, 19:50
@1985: Try telling them their runway's changed from 18C to 18R..:E

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Sep 2009, 20:38
<<but they suppose to be same time over final fix,you have to decide who is nr.1 who is 2...>>

I can't believe this thread... The lowest is #1!

TrafficTraffic
8th Sep 2009, 20:46
I want names Lon (preferably not mine!)

TT

whowhenwhy
8th Sep 2009, 21:29
I've always found that if you tell them to do something that you know isn't part of their plan (because they always have one you know) you should always tell them why if you have the time!

haughtney1
8th Sep 2009, 21:36
I moan when I get vectored into the wake of someone who's been there recently...:}

TrafficTraffic
9th Sep 2009, 06:08
I moan when I pilot asks to do something that technically isn't my job or isn't specifically allowed in the rules but I make it work anyway...bit like when you book a discount ticket then turn up early to see if you can catch an earlier flight and they say no - thats not permitted.... or that will be $329 to change flights...

Perhaps next time somebody wants some direct tracking, to change their plan or to practice something I point out what the change fee is...or just say NO...

TT

( I know the aircrew don't make the rules for ticketing - why can't we all just get along?)

Lon More
9th Sep 2009, 11:32
TT No, most said you were just a pain in the neck. I had a much lower opinion of you:{ Where to start? The Wicked witch of the Training Section? The Austrian Dictator (fortunately moved to aairline mis-management)?

ImnotanERIC Naughty Boy, altering quotes like that. I had to go back and check what i'd written. I see a great future for you in the Conservative Party Propaganda Office.:hmm:

Mention of AMS. High level traffic from the NE had (has?) a restriction to be at FL260 22nm before EEL. This became EEL by common consent and to maintain separation speed control was used, normally +/_ 260kt IAS Despite this being a standard clearance there were always those who felt it shouldn't aply to them. The clearance then became, "The number is 260. Descend to it, reduce to it, or turn to it." i.e. expect vectors to the back of the stream. it didn't have to be said often. Similarly AMS deps to the South used to have a restriction to cross WOODY FL190+; however a Dutch Caravelle operator regularly only made about FL140 there whilst reporting passing FL190. it came as a great surprise when we got Mode C !!

Otto Throttle
9th Sep 2009, 15:51
Pilots will only moan about ATC when they can fit it into their busy schedule - you know, when they're not moaning about their roster, pension, pay, holidays, crew, management, hotel, food, etc etc etc....:}

Moaning takes up the first 6 weeks of the training syllabus for pilots.

hec7or
9th Sep 2009, 17:57
Brest Bon jour, this is Big Air 123 FL370 direct SITET.

Big Air 123 Brest, Good Moaning.

ImnotanERIC
9th Sep 2009, 22:13
lonmore
ImnotanERIC Naughty Boy, altering quotes like that. I had to go back and check what i'd written. I see a great future for you in the Conservative Party Propaganda Office.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gif

slip of the keyboard:)

mona lot
9th Sep 2009, 22:19
If your a professional pilot, it is your duty to moan!

Bad pay, bad rosters, no job security, no pension, airport security, where do I start?

Mona Lot:ok:

ron83
10th Sep 2009, 05:19
If your a professional pilot, it is your duty to moan!

Bad pay, bad rosters, no job security, no pension, airport security, where do I start?

Mona Lothttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

We speak about moaning on the frequencies...
Moaning about things you said above is part of life :}

javelin
10th Sep 2009, 08:22
Well - there will be one less moan after the end of the month - LIFFY goes back to 310.......:ok:

Woo Hoo :E

ATCO1962
10th Sep 2009, 17:02
LIFFY? Who's she??

divingduck
10th Sep 2009, 17:50
Long time no hear!:ok:
LIFFY is a major moaning point between Shannon and Manchester (or should that be Scottish:E).

Pilots all seem to think they know the LOA between us and the eastern folk, because someone's mate said something in a pub once to someone else's mate yada yada yada.

Needless to say, with new procedures being brought in, they can all moan about being kept too high into Birmingham/Liverpool etc:ugh:

fisbangwollop
10th Sep 2009, 19:57
I treat all my customers with respect....and to be honest they all do the same with me......if your cheery with them they usually are the same with you...!!!! :cool::cool::cool: