PDA

View Full Version : Handling agents at Doncaster EGCN

paulthornton
7th Sep 2009, 07:56
Hi folks,

I'm planning a trip up to Doncaster and wondered if anyone who has been there recently in a light single has any good/bad/indifferent comments about Signature or Servisair for GA handling services?

Any other gotchas or pointers also gratefully received.

Paul.

7th Sep 2009, 09:49
DO you really need to land at Doncaster? There are a lot of GA airfields around, Sandtoft is close, it really depends what your final destination is.

ShyTorque
7th Sep 2009, 09:50
Signature; good folks but the bill might make you wince; I'd seriously advise you to check the costs first, especially if it's only for a refuel.

Captain Stable
7th Sep 2009, 10:01
In my experience, if anywhere has an alternative to Circusair, go for that alternative. Yes, Signature are heavy on the wallet, but you'll actually get the service you're paying for, whereas with Servisair at almost every airport I've ever visited Servisair provide no service whatsoever.

paulthornton
7th Sep 2009, 17:36
Thanks for all the replies. I've dropped a note to Signature asking how much handling and parking are likely to cost - will share when I get the response.

As I'm going to be just up the road from the airport, it makes sense to land at Doncaster itself - so long as the costs aren't utterly prohibitive. We'll see...

Paul.

Oldpilot55
7th Sep 2009, 18:24
Sandtoft is just along the road..if you can squeeze in. They'll organise a taxi for you and you can sit back thinking of all the money you have just saved.

paulthornton
7th Sep 2009, 19:36
John at Signature in Doncaster has replied - the charges for a light single would be:

£40 handling charge.
£19.50 departure charge.
£2.00 airport levy
Parking for two days £10.

All +VAT.

So not the cheapest option by any stretch but there is a price to pay for convenience and reasonable service... Its kind of in the not cheap enough to be an instant "Yep, that's OK" - but not so hideous to be an instant "B***er that, I'm going elsewhere". :*

Paul.

bingofuel
7th Sep 2009, 19:50
I may be wrong, as it is a few years since I last flew into Doncaster, but at that time Signature did not have any AVGAS, only JET A1, might be worth a call to check.

XL319
7th Sep 2009, 22:04
I landed at Doncaster a few year back and wouldn't go back. Agent even reduced the fee's but still cost £25 approx for a C152, from £50. Try Sandtoft if a light single

paulthornton
14th Sep 2009, 15:13
I flew into Doncaster on Saturday afternoon. Signature were very helpful - a bit pricey by usual grass-field standards, but about what you'd expect to be honest. Can happily recommend them.

I couldn't get over just how quiet the place was - a very nice looking shiny new terminal, but a marked lack of commercial movements it seems...

Paul.