PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Software

prettygrumman
5th Sep 2009, 11:05
Has anyone got a Garmin 296 that is giving grief on start up? Mine now has to go back
for the second time for the same fault.Whats it doing/not doing? Battery is fully charged
but unit will only come to life if the charger is inserted.I gather it is a software issue
that hasnt yet been fully resolved.If the charger is then removed the unit turns off. I`ve
learnt that some models display a "no battery inserted" for the same fault.
PG

penguin-uk
6th Sep 2009, 08:47
I've just recently bought a 296 myself and so I'm not as familiar with it as many others on here will be, however I do know that it has options for how it behaves when power is connected or removed, ie you can configure it to power up or not when power is connected and power down or not when external power is removed so those settings may well be worth checking.

JUST-local
6th Sep 2009, 08:59
I have a 495, and had not used it for a month or two and when attempting to swich it on "battery not inserted" showd up as you mention!

I did the usual and took out battery tried to charge inserted not inserted battery! no luck, I was busy at the tme so had no time to send it back, when I tried it a week later before sending it back it was fine and has worked perfectly since, six months or so..

I would ring or e-mail the Garmin tech. support they are very good.