PDA

View Full Version : INCIDENT: Getting a Job/Interview

JAAConversion6598
1st Sep 2009, 19:40
Hey guys

How do you guys think it would affect the chances of getting a job, or interview at all, if you have a incident on a FAA license? What if you also posess a JAA licence with nothing on it? Will the FAA incident be of importance for a JAA job?

All help i appreciated, especially from any recruiters.

jet.man123
1st Sep 2009, 20:08
This sounds like some crack head or journo just probing the system, any serious aviator would not ask such a question

flyhighspeed300
6th Sep 2009, 12:52
was it from flying or work with FLYOBA in amercia

JAAConversion6598
7th Sep 2009, 07:36
The incident was from working as a instructor in the US, had a nose gear collaps.

flyhighspeed300
7th Sep 2009, 08:18
there was lots of crashes with gear and prop strikes last year at OBA ormond beach aviation. but 95% of the instructors are still flying and flying bigger props or jets now.

JAAConversion6598
9th Sep 2009, 18:36
Thanks for the info, do you know if it was accidents or incidents? What happened to the guys with the gear issues?

Mikehotel152
10th Sep 2009, 20:05
I'm confused. Why would a failure of the gear reflect poorly on you and prevent you from getting a job? How would it get on your licence?

That's like getting a criminal conviction for merely witnessing a person committing a crime...

What aren't you mentioning? :confused:

JAAConversion6598
4th Oct 2009, 10:08
Not hiding anything.
By any aviation authority, this is an incident. And since it happened while somebody was in the aircraft, they will investigate. As a result of this, there will be a remark in your licence of a incident.
The reason for this affecting job opporturnities is that it could be an insurance issue.
Given this, any useful information to contribute with?

EK4457
4th Oct 2009, 10:38
Let me get this right.

If you are involved in ANY kind of incident, the FAA will make a remark in your licence?

I know next to bugger all about the FAA, but this seems a little strange to me. Not sure I'm convinced,

Gulity without trial, if you ask me.

Anybody with more FAA experience care to correct me?

EK

Fair_Weather_Flyer
6th Oct 2009, 07:41
The FAA will not write anything on the licence itself but may put details in your file. An investigation will be carried out by an FAA inspector who will write a report on the circumstances. This will be filed under AIDS which is on the FAA website. Link is:-

http://www.asias.faa.gov

Much depends on what is written on the report. If the report does not blame you then there is no problem. Employers may ask if you have had any accidents or incidents, just show them the report. If the report is unfavourable then you will have to either come clean and admit your mistake, or dare I say it, lie.....and hope that you are not found.

But, as you say, you were not to blame so there should be no need to hide anything.

davie7ee
2nd Dec 2009, 10:24
My friend had a gear failure on landing, damaged structural components and thus under definition was classified as an accident. No chance for a job doing anything other than instructing

INNflight
2nd Dec 2009, 10:34
Let me get this straight!

It would hardly affect you if not your fault. Any reasonable chief pilot on an interview panel would see that, and especially as you are there to explain that if needed.

However, if your friend did not check three greens before landing, yes... his fault. :suspect:

Artificial Horizon
3rd Dec 2009, 07:35
When I was instructing, a fellow instructor pranged a Seneca in a strong crosswind digging both props into the runway. He was fired on the spot and is now a very senior captain at a large turbo-prop operator in the UK. I have worked for 3 different airlines now and haven't been asked by any of them about previous accidents or incidents. Don't worry about it, these things happen.:ok: