PDA

View Full Version : telex headsets

westinghouse
1st Sep 2009, 17:04
hi,

im keen on purchasing a head set but im not sure which is the better one.
im sure some of youll would have tried either one of these headsets.
price is not a factor and i fly A320's.

1. telex ANR 850
2. telex 5x5 pro 111

thanx guys.:ok:

Rainboe
1st Sep 2009, 21:10
I used to wear a Pacific Plantronics headset like the 5x5 on a 747. I was used to it, and quite happy with it, but there were stories that it damaged the hearing in the ear you wore the earpiece. I use a Telex 850ANR now in a 737 and prefer it- I like the ANR, and when you go on intercom, it really comes into its own. The Telex 850ANR I have is actually a single plug Airbus fitting, but I bought a Y-adaptor for Boeing, and it works fine.

Manual Reversion
1st Sep 2009, 21:34
Similar experience to the above. Had a 5x5 on 737's (short haul) so sticking a foreign body in your ear for about two hours at a time wasn't a problem.
Flying the 747 now on rather longer sectors, whilst one could use the 5x5 in the climb etc and hand mic on the ocean, I have been using the Telex 850 for the last four years and quite happily sit with it on both ears in the cruise.(Due high noise levels on flight deck)
Noticeably better/ more comfortable than company Sennheisers.
It's six or two threes for you I guess as I believe the 'bus has quite low flight deck noise.
Had to get the 850 repaired once and this was done exceptionally well by Telex with all earpieces etc replaced FOC.
Hope this helps

westinghouse
2nd Sep 2009, 17:20
thank you for the feed back.
looks like it will be the ANR 850 then.....
it seems tho the 850 has been in production for quite some time. has any newer models come out?

thanx

so long......