PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Flight Bag installation

marko100
29th Aug 2009, 15:22
Hi there,

Who knows the approximate time needed to install an EFB in a A320 or B737CG cockpit ?
I mean: complete installation.
If some engineer has any experience about it, please, PM me.

Thank you all for your answers.

Marko.

muduckace
29th Aug 2009, 23:08
Single or dual install. If dual do you want them to synk. Do you know what equipment you want installed and what functions or interfaces you desire? Might be able to give you a rough estimate with a little more info.

Sonic Bam
30th Aug 2009, 12:37
Are there no hours on the SB / STC?

If yes, add 25% for low end estimate and 50% for high end estimate.

If no, send it back to whoever wrote it and ask for the estimated hours.

marko100
31st Aug 2009, 16:26
to sonic bam: the docs provided by navaero are not so clear, and they don't include any manpower estimation. Or, at least, following their commercial, it could be done quickly......and we all know what it means, quickly....

to muduckace: dual, synchronized, the simpliest possible (only jeppesen, or something).

The job should be done by experienced engineers, but unexperienced with EFB installation.

muduckace
1st Sep 2009, 16:32
I managed to find a dual nav aero install on another airframe, but no est. hours on the doc. Have you contacted ASG, they hold the stc. I would guess at 80-120 mhrs based on experience and component location. T-Bag displays mounts need some possible considerable sheetmental work to install. 2 connectivity units (just a cutout for s/m install) into that have usb ports for updates.

The connecticity units are wired back to the EFB computers (a rack needs installed). I don't know if the STC found space in the cockpit and what is the acess like to run wires.

Each side has these components stand alone (no sync). There are intigration units out there that sync the 2 units plus offer a few more functions I believe. ST03335AT is your stc number.