PDA

View Full Version : Manchester ATC visit

olivergray
28th Aug 2009, 18:15
Hey, ive just applied to NATS, and have been to Liverpool ATC earlier this year, and would like to visit Manchester ATC very much, was wondering how i would go about doing this.

Thanks.

ZOOKER
28th Aug 2009, 22:07
Quickly, - preferably within the next 4 months! :}

divingduck
28th Aug 2009, 22:42
I'm sure that oliver will be welcome to visit north of Hadrian's Wall:E

Roffa
28th Aug 2009, 22:51
Didn't realise tower and approach were going to Scotland as well :rolleyes:

wiccan
28th Aug 2009, 22:53
Oh, c'mon.....the FISOs are still going to be there.....aren't they?
Oliver...look in the phonebook for Manchester Airport. IF ATC isn't listed, then ask the [telephone] operator :ok:

PeltonLevel
29th Aug 2009, 09:43
NATS hasn't had its name updated in the telephone directories. The BT website gives:
National Air Traffic Services Ltd
Tel: (0161) 499 2323
Manchester Airport, M90 2PL - Map (http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/business_by_name/map.publisha?Referer=QnVzaW5lc3NOYW1lPW5hdGlvbmFsK2FpciZMb2N hdGlvbj1tYW5jaGVzdGVyJng9MzEmeT00&Info=IE5hdGlvbmFsIEFpciBUcmFmZmljIFNlcnZpY2VzIEx0ZA%3d%3d&Address=TWFuY2hlc3RlciBBaXJwb3J0LCBNOTAgMlBM&MapCode=TTkwIDJQTA%3d%3d&PT=national%20air%20in%20manchester)
I don't know whether Tower and Centre will have different contact numbers, but, given the integration of approach and area operations, I guess it's unlikely.

Someone_Else
29th Aug 2009, 16:54
Hey Oliver,

Our training department (Area) used to be the point of contact for arranging visits however the department is now run from Prestwick ahead of our move at the start of next year.

I will attempt to find a suitable number for you to call and will PM you with it.

Oh for Wiccan - There are no dedicated FISO positions at MACC however the approach will remain with the Twr controllers.

Cheers

wiccan
29th Aug 2009, 22:21
Oh for Wiccan - There are no dedicated FISO positions at MACC however the approach will remain with the Twr controllers.

Something.......It was a joke :eek: and Approach will remain with the Twr and Apc Controllers.....
Si,Di,GtTs....:ok: