PDA

View Full Version : Annual Air ticket reimbursement - UAE

approach control
26th Aug 2009, 06:57
What does this mean?
You are entitled to this ( I mean your fammily ticket) after you finish the year or during the year? For example the first (contract or calendar) year has to finish and after you can go on a vacation and have the ticket for your fammily reimbursement, or during that year you can do that??
The question is for UAE controllers only.
Thanks.

Scooby Don't
26th Aug 2009, 07:39
I would think it depends on the location. At OMDB, the allowance is 2 return tickets home (per ATCO, not per family member), paid with salary upon validation, and then on the anniversary of validation.

approach control
26th Aug 2009, 08:11
Yes, but first year when you came you were entitled, or after you finished the year.
My question is regarding, what annual means : upon compleation of the year or during the year?
We submitt the invoice, and how can they pay you on salary when they don't know how much will the ticket be?
What you said you are entitled right away when you are validated, and next year also, etc.

Scooby Don't
26th Aug 2009, 10:26
At OMDB, and I cannot speak for anywhere else, it is paid IN THE FIRST YEAR, in the month of validation, and every year thereafter. The company accountant works out how much a ticket should cost, so if you are lucky with your booking you may make a profit. Alternatively, you may wish to take a holiday nowhere near your home country.

approach control
30th Aug 2009, 08:54
Thank you very much for your answer, at least you get the money in front, it is your choice if you want to use it and how, in our case, you spend the money first and afterwards, maybe they will reimburse, if not this, maybe next year, inshallah.

Cheers,

HB-UAE
2nd Sep 2009, 19:21
just a small addition to scooby doos answer, if single or married without kids you get 2 tickets otherwise it's 1 ticket per family member (max 2 children). After validating the allowance is paid out with the next salary.

approach control
5th Sep 2009, 19:13
Thanks very much for clarification, but that's Serco, here we are GCAA, so they probably mean like for all other employees in GCAA ,the first year you are like on a probation period, like back home in my country it was 6 months when you are for the first time employed in some company, it's like you have to show how good worker you are and after you will deserve vacation, and other privileges.

So, here they are applying this for everybody, but like you said after validation you show that you are experienced controller and this is not your first job and from that moment you should be entitled to everything.

Fox3snapshot
5th Sep 2009, 23:37
APP Control....

Bit confused as to what you are trying to determine. As a GCAA controller, and in UAE ACC we are not entitled to any airfare home. Your package is lump sum. When I was with Serco I did get the airfare but that was 4 or so years ago now so not sure how that works.

Probation for the newbies is 6 months and technically no leave but as that is designed around the office wallers and not at all practical for ops, you can take leave normally a month or so after validation ( about 4 months or so into your tour).

If you are new direct hire GCAA ACC controller and you have an airfare in your contract then be sure to let us know....would be mighty interested!! :8

approach control
6th Sep 2009, 12:22
Sorry, we are here in Fujairah, DCA, Goverment of Fujairah, so we are goverment employees.

I want to determine what does "annual air ticket mean",
According to those guys in DCA it is upon completition of the first year you are entitled to and airfare ticket for your family, but it says in my contract only annual air ticket , so what does it means for you guys???

Thanks again.

divingduck
6th Sep 2009, 21:39
Not being able to see your contract, but it looks pretty plain to me that you can have your "annual air ticket" upon completion of your first year of validation. or am i missing something?
In my experience in the gulf, the HR guys are very good in this respect, and shouldn't hold you to the 365 days after rating...or then again, maybe not.

approach control
7th Sep 2009, 06:04
Hi divingduck,

Can you tell us what is your experience in the gulf?
Are you working as an ATCo, and if you don't mind can you tell us how is written in your contract, and what acctually you got?

Or maybe you are working in HR department, and you know legal stuff more then us, controllers?

Thank you very much again for your opinion, I really apprechiate it!

divingduck
8th Sep 2009, 00:14
hi there...
My contract with the IAA (hint, not the Gulf) gives me a salary, that's all. any flights I may want to make I save up my pennies and buy it.

When I worked for the DGCAM in Oman and the GCAA in Abu Dhabi, it was pretty much the same deal.
The Serco boys get looked after in that respect, so perhaps you could ask one of them.

Don't for an instant think that the people in HR are smarter than you are...if they were, they would be ATCO's. Look at the salary difference and you will get my meaning:ok:

Or you could of course just ask this question to the manager concerned, then you will get a definitive answer, not just opinions.

sandyweazels
9th Sep 2009, 01:13
Verci...

...It should be possible to factor in one of these to annual leave, allowing for a few days either side in case of the off load factor.

Unless you want to make your annual leave a 2 night excursion...the maximum amount of nights you can stay away!! It is designed as a Fam Flight not a Sham Flight :rolleyes:

Obviously your 'mole' hasn't kept you completely informed of the ACC affairs, probably a familiar position you were in when you attended (work not a suitable adjective here) the unit all those Ramadan's ago :hmm:

trailblazer
9th Sep 2009, 10:07
And another thread bites the dust:ugh:

Courtesy of the cheerful, positive one with a penchant for latin and other clever, intellectual wordplay:D

trailblazer
11th Sep 2009, 10:12
See post #16. It's axiomatic, it really is:D