PDA

View Full Version : canadian radio telephony operators certificate

rohitvarmac
17th Aug 2009, 22:30
i am going to give the RT exam tomorrow but im little worried about the pattern of the exam like no. of questions asked, the difficulty level, i have the Study guide with me and i'm preparing according to it..............does any one know what kind of questions will be asked in the written and the practical test and how much time is alloted for the exam....

rohit

wskwong
18th Aug 2009, 16:08
I would say the format is very similar to PSTAR. There are one or two questions on there that are not on the study guide (or I have missed it); otherwise it doesn't seem to be too bad.

Best of luck!

varigflier
18th Aug 2009, 18:20
So how was the test? I will be taking mine also next month. Any info will be appreciated.

VF

varigflier
22nd Aug 2009, 17:16
Guys,

Can anyone recommend a place to take the RT written in Toronto? I will be taking mine next month. Also do you need to schedule to take the exam or can you just show up and take it? Any info is appreciated.

VF

PatagonianProud
22nd Aug 2009, 22:16
i took the test last week
there were 25 multiple guess questions and 2 essay
i got a couple wrong
easy but some questions tricky, poorly written or simply not well thought
out
the test and license is free and valid for life
you can take the test at any industry canada office or at many flight schools as they have designated examiners
no age or nationality restrictions but she was quite insistent of me having some photo id with my canadian address on it.
the next day took the medical 1 , costs 125 bucks, included audio and ecg (first time and over 40) was easy, need to renew every 6 months cost $100 and ecg every year costs $25. very cheap, my first med 1 in chile cost nearly $600 USD !!... in argentina was just $20 USD... big difference
thats why i will NEVER get another MAE med in chile ladrones de mierda

+TSRA
23rd Aug 2009, 03:27
Hi Guys,

Just so the right information is out there first (and I'm a Delegated Examiner, not that its actually hard to become one).

The R/T exam is based entirely on the Study and Reference Guide. If you got something wrong, then look harder in the guide. I've gone through all the exams given to me by Industry Canada to hand out and have found all the answers.

The exams are all multi-choice. If you do get a long answer question then its an old exam.

They redo the exams every couple of years, and it is kind of important to make sure you have the most up-to-date guides do to minor changes in fines, R/T Phraseology, etc.

The exam(s) should take you no more than about 20 minutes to write if you have actually read the guide.

Personally, I still ask a couple of questions at the end of the exam if a couple questions were answered incorrectly, just so I can gauge your operational knowledge - like spell this, how would you say that, what should you NOT say over the radio, etc.

As for the ID thing. Yeah, its a licence, whether you think its silly or not, so we do have to ask for ID.

Where to go. Any Industry Canada office during normal business hours, and you dont normally need an appointment, except at some of the more major centres (YYZ, YVR), although like the post above, most schools have a delegated examiner or two (like I said, its not hard to become one and its benifical for a school to have a couple on staff) so check with them first.

Out.

varigflier
25th Aug 2009, 14:43
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be taking mine in September.

PatagonianProud
27th Aug 2009, 23:56
I didnt imply that "asking for ID was silly" I simply stated that not only did she ask for ID i.e. passport etc but something with my Canadian address on it as well:ok:

harshal1
25th Feb 2010, 03:56
Rohit im in US workin on instrument wat should b my first step & rest...
2 get d canadian R.T ...
i can get d canadian madi from L.A

plz help

harshal1
25th Feb 2010, 04:00
im in US workin on instrument wat should b my first step & rest...
2 get d canadian R.T ...
i can get d canadian madi from L.A

plz help