PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Lasham gliding lot

englishal
15th Aug 2009, 12:17
Thanks to the Lasham gliding lot who have been kind enough to send out their daily Lasham Contest Task airspace warning emails - complete with comprehensive maps. They have proved to be invaluable on some of the flights I've done recently...I hope the competition was / is a success!

Cheers :ok:

wrecker
17th Aug 2009, 20:19
Many thanks for your comments, I hope the graphical presentation of the tasks was useful.

Talkdownman
17th Aug 2009, 20:43
Unfortunately none of the warning emails reached the ATC Lasham ATSU.
The Duty ATCO, who was not aware of the activity, was summoned to attend a 1700L departure on 13th but the Aerodrome Authority (LGS) withheld approval until 'after 1900' because of a competition. It is a pity that the timing of movements could not be agreed in advance. If 'wrecker' is involved with LGS warning emails perhaps he/she could add ATC Lasham ATSU to the distribution list, please, any such information would be most useful! (PM for email address). MTIA....

englishal
17th Aug 2009, 23:22
Yea the graphics were brilliant thanks. I wish "normal" notams were as easy to read!

tinpilot
18th Aug 2009, 05:14
Unfortunately none of the warning emails reached the ATC Lasham ATSU.
The Duty ATCO, who was not aware of the activity, was summoned to attend a 1700L departure on 13th but the Aerodrome Authority (LGS) withheld approval until 'after 1900' because of a competition. It is a pity that the timing of movements could not be agreed in advance. If 'wrecker' is involved with LGS warning emails perhaps he/she could add ATC Lasham ATSU to the distribution list, please, any such information would be most useful! (PM for email address). MTIA....Only two hours late? Doesn't that count as 'on time' by ATC Lasham standards of timekeeping?

Your boss knew perfectly well where the task was going and he thought he knew how long it would take. You were called in at 17.00 because he wanted to get the jet away as early as possible and he hoped the task would have finished by then.

He was wrong. Too bad.

Fitter2
18th Aug 2009, 07:15
My word! I didn't realise how many of my colleagues on the Lasham Comp organisation were PPRuNers.

To suggest there is not close liaison between the Gliding side of the airfield and ATC Lasham rather displays a lack of education of the operational procedures there.

And in answer to Englishal, the comp was very successful by recent UK standards, with 6 days out of 9 of good soaring, and challenging tasks for pilots hoping to represent UK (currently World Top Gliding Nation) in next year's World Championships.