PDA

View Full Version : Weight and Balance

shamatp
11th Aug 2009, 21:44
Hi,

I am trying to identify the best weight and abalance vendor/application out there and was wondering what the forum members think. If you have a preference, would also like to know how it scores over the others.

Thanks !
Shama

mutt
12th Aug 2009, 04:10
How long is a piece of string??

There is no easy answer, it will all depend on your own operation and the available budget.

Mutt

shamatp
12th Aug 2009, 15:59
Let me put it his way.. What do you guys out there prefer to use for weight and balance calculations ?

BOAC
12th Aug 2009, 16:04
As a pilot I use a PDA with an Excel weight and balance (home-made) for 737 3-800 which gives me all the limits and actual weights, MAC and trim.

I suspect this information is of no use to you, but without SOME idea of:-

1) what you are (no 'PPrune 'Profile') ie Ops/pilot/flt simmer/interested party
2) what you wish to do and with what

it is probably as good as you will get!

411A
12th Aug 2009, 19:00
We do a manual load and trim sheet here, checked by two other FD crew, no mistakes to date.
An EK at MEL, we ain't.:rolleyes:
Make better bucks as well, me thinks.;)

rog747
12th Aug 2009, 19:22
always used manual l/sheets for all a/c type upto 747-200f

used my ruler and a calculator (and the manuals)

no 'pooters around then

ft
12th Aug 2009, 21:25
Pen and paper is a wonderful way of avoiding all those interesting and hard to catch mistakes digital aids enable us to make. Indexed load sheets make it easier.

If technology had progressed the other way around, we'd all be shopping for pencils online in fancy web stores and telling each other at length about how wonderfully we're now able to do all kinds of amazing things - even when out of batteries.

rog747
12th Aug 2009, 22:18
not forgeting the huge market for pencil sharpeners

BOAC
13th Aug 2009, 07:39
How long before USB Pencil memory sticks?