PDA

View Full Version : Message for the KA boys

integrationmanager
11th Aug 2009, 04:20
"Bottom of the list back dated to 2006 or nothing"

What was unacceptable back in 2006 is now acceptable??

"Tony said Dragonair will be the leading brand in China"

Action speaks louder then words! Those B777 are looking really good in Pudong, especially when parked next to an A320.

A quote back in late 2007 by you ex GMO "We will retain our B744 freighters, in fact the forth one will be arriving next week"

Where have all the B744s gone?

For your info,

1. We will have the first say on what is acceptable and what is not. Not you!

2. If and when it suits us, we will offer you exactly what we offered your freighter colleagues. We are here to make money, and so are you. Want the job or not??

3. KA has a significant number of A330 leases expiring in 2010. Despite our promises last year, we now have our reservations in deploying those 2 new A330s with KA.

The fact is we are discimating KA, have you not work that out already??

The agreement with CNAC to keep KA as principle airline up to 2012 is fast approaching it's expiry date.

KABOY
11th Aug 2009, 04:35
And for the above reasons, integration will be a distant memory.

Wake up and and realise that the Cathay Pacific group will have to think long and hard about the future direction and costs.

And Then
11th Aug 2009, 06:10
Action speaks louder then words! Those B777 are looking really good in Pudong, especially when parked next to an A320.

I think they are empty. Further, to suggest they run the Group PVG frequency with 777s would guarantee empty planes. :\

Looks as though an AOA stooge is using pprune as an attempt to bully a position of strength in integration talks.

11th Aug 2009, 06:43
intergrationmanager, the only decimation going on is by you and to the English language! "The fact is we are discimating KA, have you not work that out already??"

If you ignore the very small minority in KA with expectations of an unrealistic outcome you will realise a 'fair' conclusion is all that is sought. Are you really so arrogant as to presume a QF/Jetstar scenario can't be repeated? We would like to be united with you, not battling with you.

hongkongfooey
11th Aug 2009, 10:10
ICAO english test required at level 5 please, stat ! :}

Zapatas Blood
11th Aug 2009, 16:22
And the back stabbing/mud slinging childish protectionism born out of fear and greed has commenced.

Surprised it took this long.

mr Q
12th Aug 2009, 03:31
1) now is 'THE' time not now is a time.
2) seek therapy 'FOR' the abuses not seek therapy from the abuses
3) high school boarder not high school border
4) comma after 'personality' and before 'respect'
5) full stop after 'goal' and begin 'You'll' with a capital Y.In fact it reads better if you use the proper "You will "form rather than abbrevriate it
6) It is preferable to use the positive 'success WILL bring you' rather than your chosen phrase 'success could bring you'.
7)Airline is not 'who' as it is not a person. Use the phrase 'which was' when referring to airlines
8)employees does not have an ' It is employees not employee's
9) CEO is sufficient. No need to use the slang CEO guy as well. It irritates and distracts the reader from the point you are attempting to make
10) seditive is better than using the old fashioned valium which is simply one of a number of now largely discredited seditives.The word betrays either your antiquity or unfamiliarity with the language.
11) comma after valium
here ends the grammar and punctuation lesson
But your user name STINKS
Who in today's world of paedophelia male and female sexual abuse and human trafficking would want want to be called BILLY SEX CRIME ?????

Lowkoon
12th Aug 2009, 03:59
So you paid all that money to buy KA and decimate it? Quite brilliant. That certainly exudes a unique level of business accumen! To say you exist despite your very best efforts is an understatement. It is certainly in the companies best interest to have us seperate. Your words make that the path of least resistance.

Captain Dart
12th Aug 2009, 04:17
'Integrationmanager' is just a poor copy of the brilliant 'The Management' who, through the use of irony, produced insightful and thought-provoking posts as a 'devil's advocate'. Integrationmanager tries but fails dismally.

I would welcome an integration with the KA boys.

Mr Q, it's 'sedative'.

Hoofharted
12th Aug 2009, 07:51
8)employees does not have an ' It is employees not employee'sUnless a reference was being made to something that belonged to the employees, then the use of a possessive apostrophe would be correct. :)

Who in today's world of paedophelia male and female sexual abuse and human trafficking would want want to be called BILLY SEX CRIME ?????

It may be that the "handle" is short for "billy goat", in which case he/she would be absolved from any of the aforementioned perversions. (not sure if the barnyard stuff is legal though):}

Sorry Billy, I hope you take it in jest as was my intention.

mr Q
12th Aug 2009, 13:34
definite improvement billy *** crime
your spelling has improved and there is even a suggestion of punctuation in your last post
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!
but keep to the thread please from now on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weido_salt
13th Aug 2009, 05:59
Do you think Billy is a reamed out victim of the British public school system himself? In denial and all that.

If he has been through the system, then the chances are high IMHO. Or has the system been through him?

Humber10
13th Aug 2009, 07:34
should rename the thread to Billy, what is the topic again???

hongkongfooey
13th Aug 2009, 10:27
So you paid all that money to buy KA and decimate it? Quite brilliant. That certainly exudes a unique level of business accumen! To say you exist despite your very best efforts is an understatement. It is certainly in the companies best interest to have us seperate. Your words make that the path of least resistance.

Well said that man :ok: You ARE of course talking about a management that hedged fuel at the peak price, what did you expect from them :ugh:

Billy, I am afraid I have to disagree most vehemently...............

Go to Neptunes :}

mr Q
15th Aug 2009, 09:19
Congratulations on your new thread
Pity about the topic
R U ex-public school??
Or were you just abused by a public school person??

Buttie Box
15th Aug 2009, 17:00
He's probably Welsh...

kay lo dee
29th Aug 2009, 15:41
Time to get another job.

KA is screwed.

Been a great place to work but now these CX numpty's have showed their hand it is over.

All the freighters - gone
2 A330's - gone
9 A330 comming off lease in the next 2 years will also go (CX management have said that it is "...not out of the question.")
CX now not even hiding the fact that they are taking our flights ie from Flight dispatch "KAxxx now operated by CX"
...and redundancies will follow

It will be a long slow death so we have some time but best to start the exit strategy now.

Damn shame!!

geh065
30th Aug 2009, 04:51
By the same token though, there are flights KA have picked up off Cathay. The CX912/913 Manila split is now only flown by CX twice a week and now 5x a week by KA. You guys picked up Fukuoka off us as well, although that was dropped because of the economy.

AAIGUY
30th Aug 2009, 05:25
Manilla is not being flown by a KA 330 is it? Or Fuk?
They only reason KA is doing them is the A320 is the right size for
the load. They can get a high yield from it.
Once loads starting toppping out, and a A330 is required, I have no doubt
CX will reclaim the route.

hongkongfooey
30th Aug 2009, 07:35
One of our chaps got a call from Screw Control on his way to work:
a couple of days ago

" Hello Captain XXX, you're flight now being operated by Cathay "

Pack of :mad:s

Once the pilot market turns around, and it will, watch the exodus :eek:

geh065
30th Aug 2009, 08:44
There seems to be some surprise! It is inevitable that this sort of thing will happen more and more...it was a takeover after all.

Hoofharted
30th Aug 2009, 10:18
Hope you remember that when swire sellout to the chinese :yuk::yuk:

integrationmanager
30th Aug 2009, 13:15
A few months ago I reported that the KA CEO and the General Manager ISD were going to be replaced. This has been accomplished.

I reported that there was an ongoing project to eventually wipe out the fleet at Dragonair. For those who have rambled in disbelief on this forum and who are still in self-denial, read the Fleet Profile section of the August Interim report 2009.

Rest assured though, that at the end of the day you will be offered a position with Cathay Pacific Airways, same rank and fleet, albeit at the bottom of the CX Aircrew Officer seniority list. We know the disgruntlement will diminish over time as you will realize that you will still be getting paid on the 26th of each month, on similar conditions and doing the same job. We do not expect much, if any, attrition.

Placing pilots on the bottom of the CX Aircrew Seniority list is an established practice that we have carried out on numerous occasions, most recently with the ASL pilot group and with the KA pilots who chose to join Cathay Pacific. It is convenient for us to do and does not present us with any legal obstacles.

Have a nice weekend.

Integration Manager

gliderboy
30th Aug 2009, 13:57
Integration Manager..

Will you be as smug when Air China TAKES OVER Cathay?

snoop doggy dog
31st Aug 2009, 05:30
Not to worry hongkongfooey :)

The market is picking up. Last I heard, 25 of the boys have had interviews for a contract Downunder. Also, a number of others are applying for varying jobs in the region, some very close to home here :ok

You can see what CX are doing at present to KA. Building up runs to take over later. Dragon don't need these passenger, we need to make our numbers look better, so we'll put them on our planes. :eek:

As they say, everything is temporary :E

kay lo dee
31st Aug 2009, 15:18
Interegationmanager is right (to a point, see later). And don't it make us mad!!

Take a look at the interim report recently put out and the summary of capacity by The Pratt, who is Chairman;

"...Cx pax fleet 11% reduction in capacity and CX Cargo 8% reduction. KA pax fleet 13% reduction in capacity..."..............erm what about the 100% reduction in capacity of the KA Cargo fleet????

Wishing, wanting and table thumping will not bring this airline back!

Plan your exit strategy.

Interdiscombobulationmanager is wrong in as much as there will be an exodus, and it will happen when the growth starts to happen, at the time pilots are going to be needed and CX wants them "back on board".

Damn shame

Fly747
1st Sep 2009, 11:24
I'm surprised at you IM for not getting it quite right. When the KA 330 fleet is absorbed into the world's largest 330 fleet, for those "synergies", then all KA pilots (inc current 320) will be offered CX 'bus at the bottom of the seniority.
Not the same rank initially either, you have forgotten that CX does not entertain DECs. Just like the KArgo boys the KA captains will be offered First Officer (Rapid Command), only one of them subsequently failed the CX 400 command remember. They do have to be seen wearing 3 bars for a time and then welcomed as a new CX Captain in the newsletters.
Mindful of the need to keep pilots for the upturn then the KA FOs who could not bear to join the bottom of our seniority with no command prospect will have the carrot of a 320 command to replace those who transfer. This will also be used to placate some current CX FOs who will be allowed to bid for command at the new CXpress 320 operation.
The final liquidation of an asset that cost billions is nigh.
Long live Air China.

old rope
1st Sep 2009, 17:28
Pretty well on the money fly74, realistically there are no other practical ways of jamming these two operations together.

But when it's all said and done, you've really got to wonder why CX even brought KA in the first place. Perhaps it was a small (expensive) step in a grander plan, but I think it hasn't worked out the way it may have originally been envisaged. And now the increasing tie up with Air China means there are larger forms of aquatic life to fry.

R.I.P KA, always the plaything of too many disinterested owners.

Hoofharted
2nd Sep 2009, 02:29
Well.............I only came for the money so I guess if they wanna hump me like some dirty old whore I can't complain as long as they pay. Now......will that be French, Spanish, missionary or Greek?, and no rough stuff!!!! :}

And Then
2nd Sep 2009, 04:05
A few friends of mine in the financial community are tired of being dragged off KA Business Class and being placed on a CX PVG or PEK service next door. Same thing happened on the freighter. Steal demand for KA and prop up CX.

They asked the serious question, if CX is hell bent on destroying KA, when are they going to officially write down their investment ?

Air China is a positive for KA. The third facade competitor in the mainland that can be expanded rapidly with any future demand or political expedience. Air China wet leases anyone? KA is a significantly less expensive operation than CX.