PDA

View Full Version : Working in Italy

Air22
10th Aug 2009, 20:07
Hi everyone,

I would like to know about working as a controller in Italy. I do not have a licence yet but I am hoping to train at one of the colleges and I was wondering if Italian airports took student ATCO's from the UK, if it is even possible to validate your licence in another country. If not, do they accept experienced UK controllers?

I have been looking at several of the Italian airport websites and seen information about sending in a CV, but nothing about ATC in particular.

Any information gratefully received.
Thanks!

Aviator_IT
11th Aug 2009, 01:04
Hi there,

I have been searching a job in Italy as ATCO with no luck so far. If you would like we can talk some day and share our experiences.

Ci sentiamo,
A.

berniecta
17th Aug 2009, 00:56
Hi, I'm an ATCO in Roma. look at the http://www.enav.it (http://www.enav.it/)
That is the italian ATS provider and you might find ab initio courses once in a while, or you might find how to send them your CV, especially if you are already a validated european ATCo. If you need any help just drop me a line...

ron83
17th Aug 2009, 07:21
Does your provider require knowledge of Italian for APS/ ACS?
What are the conditions?

Cheers,Ron.

berniecta
17th Aug 2009, 09:57
I'm not sure about that. level 4 english is mandatory for ACC, but I'm not sure if Italian is too, in arrival and departure sectors like it is in germany for example. Anyway, I'd check the site for new courses or for the address to send your CV to. Hope I was of any help...

Air22
17th Aug 2009, 11:22
Hi berniecta,

Thank you very much for posting that link. Much appreciated!

Waterfall
17th Aug 2009, 21:39
i just love it!-almost all the site itself is in italian but Application Form in English-a hope!!!!:ok::ok::ok:

Ivor_Novello
17th Aug 2009, 22:14
i just love it!-almost all the site itself is in italian

Or you could click the "English" tab at the top of the page, and the whole site would translate to English !