PDA

View Full Version : What about Flightline??

jolly green giant
5th Oct 2001, 23:54
With the current situation at Swissair, where does this leave Flightline, as they had most of their fleet operating for Swissair until early this week. Will this be more job losses, or have Flightline got a trump card to play?

Nigel PAX
6th Oct 2001, 00:18
I was due to take a Flightline-operated Swissair flight from Ljubljana to Zurich today, but it was cancelled.

Incidentally, Ljubljana Brnik seems to have the most sensitive magnetometer settings I've ever come across. Every single person fails and then has a careful hand scan that bleeps even at plastic zips (with metal tags). They take forever over the hand baggage x-rays, too. Good thing it's a quiet airport or the queues would really build up.

Devils Advocate
6th Oct 2001, 00:27
.... indeed, and as I type, Flightline have a load of 146's (still resplendent with SwissAir markings) parked-up on the ramp at Southend.

One can but hope that they manage to keep it together, if only to pay their creditors !

Norman Stanley Fletcher
6th Oct 2001, 01:04
I understand they have a total of 6 146s, of which 4 were employed by Swissair. The contract had been terminated before 11 September for whatever reason and was going to run out in March next year anyway. Nonetheless, this was very sudden and would seem to be pretty catastrophic from Flightline's point of view.

I just wish all of you at Flightline every success and hope you manage to weather the storm. Hang on in there.

euroboy
6th Oct 2001, 01:15
I hope FlightLine manages to get some more work. A lot of the guys came from Debonair, nearly two years to the day Debonair went down.

jolly green giant
11th Oct 2001, 00:58
Unfortunately the news isn't good, jobs are being cut. Flightline are keeping only 20 of their flightdeck, and 25 cabin crew.

There is however a new company called British Airline Management (I think) which has something to do with Flightline, any info on that would be appreciated. I've heard 146's and MD80's mentioned for this??

Finally best wishes to all those about to be affected by this, and I hope it's not too long before you are back in the front seat of an aeroplane.

GeeGee
11th Oct 2001, 20:43
Yep Quite right JGG
Something like 45 pilots put on three months notice as of today. Now doubt scores of cabin crew to follow.
A very sad day. I'm sure, as I did, everyone thought with the company's 'money in the bank' policy and little or no borrowing that we would all be fairly safe. It all seems very sudden. We were also all convinced that our commercial team would have no problem in getting work for the four a/c from the Swissair contract but it seems not.
At least this time there's some money in the pot to pay the notice period. :(