PDA

View Full Version : German DFS suspending four tower staff at Frankfurt after double-incident

Kerosene Kraut
4th Aug 2009, 09:34
In the early morning hours of july 18th an aircraft took off unnoticed from a Frankfurt/Main taxiway and barely missed a 737 doing engine runs on the same taxiway.

German ATC organisation DFS now suspended four staff after finding out not all of them where at their required posts during said incidents.

Source (german): DFS: Nächtlicher Zwischenfall am Frankfurter Flughafen - FLUG REVUE (http://www.flugrevue.de/de/zivilluftfahrt/airports/dfs-naechtlicher-zwischenfall-am-frankfurter-flughafen.12871.htm)

DiCampo
4th Aug 2009, 15:32
I sure hope this is the same incident as in this topic

http://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/383365-three-german-atcos-degraded-office-work.html

otherwise there might be a pretty serious problem at DFS.

WestWind1950
4th Aug 2009, 17:39
Same incident DiCampo... it's all over the German press, both written and television. And of course in various pilot/controller foren....

ron83
4th Aug 2009, 19:43
well,it was 3, 4 now:\

eagleflyer
4th Aug 2009, 20:45
with three ATCOs and one Flight Data Assistant on duty. Only one of them was actually working but they faked the logs to pretend it was different. Apparantly they got demoted for this, not for the incident itself.

Since you have to use your ID to get through every door the company will be able to track everyone after an incident. Not much use faking the log...

ILS 119.5
5th Aug 2009, 11:04
I think to falsify the records to say you were in a position and were not is gross misconduct. The whole idea of minimum manning and for people to be in positions is to prevent such tragedies as Uberlingen.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
5th Aug 2009, 11:49
There but for the Grace of God..............

ATC Watcher
10th Aug 2009, 18:35
Those who never went for a quick nap during a quiet night shift and made sure to have this recorded on the log can indeed throw the first stones. For all the others, (and that includes me) we should say it is bad , very bad luck , and personally I feel sorry for the guys.

They will probably pay the price of having their story reported in the Press and on internet.