PDA

View Full Version : Prestwick Centre - visit 1 / 08 / 2009

bigelz1215
3rd Aug 2009, 13:35
A superb afternoon on Saturday , spent in the company if fisbangwallop at Prestwick Centre. FBW , I cannot thank you enough . I wholeheartedly recommend that anyone who gets the chance to attend a visit laid on by FBW should jump at the chance, you will not be disappointed. It was good to meet some of the voices behind the excellent service that us GA pilots receive when asking for a FIS - woops sorry - a BASIC service :ok:. The visit covered Area controllers , FISO's , D&D cell and Oceanic, and showed how they all interact . Outstanding . FBW you are a star .:D:D:

fisbangwollop
3rd Aug 2009, 14:09
Hey Bigelz how kind of you to say....not a problem at all, I always enjoy meeting you all and putting a face to a wel known voice....so many PPL's etc seem affraid to talk with ATC...this is my own attempt at making you all realise we are only human to ( well almost !! :ugh:).......During this year I have hosted visits from Leading Edge at Cumbernauld and Edinburgh Flying club...I think they have always been very well recieved and i too have made some very good friends :ok::ok:...so once again thankyou for giving me your time to.

Take care and safe flying to you all!! :cool:

Crash one
3rd Aug 2009, 20:18
My sentiments also. A visit like that should be part of the training package, if only to allay any fears the student may have about talking to these exellent people.