PDA

View Full Version : legacy 600

hung start
31st Jul 2009, 03:56
We are looking to buy a Legacy 600 Corporate version , late model , any info good or bad would be appreciated range , interior noise , maintenance issues , support etc. Thanks in advance

asdf1234
31st Jul 2009, 13:00
Hi, agree with the previous post. Send me a Private Message if you want help in finding the right aircraft.

Cheers,

asdf1234
31st Jul 2009, 13:03
...and along with Suitcaseman as Captain I know of a very highly qualified FA who would jump at the chance of some decent work right now. PM and I'll go through my list of available aircraft with you.

Cheers,

md1011
31st Jul 2009, 14:54
Type rated FO also keen for a position, and can also come with one or more Captains if required. Extensive Corporate experience.

Duck Rogers
1st Aug 2009, 00:32
Folks. Wouldn't a PM to the OP be more likely to succeed? Show your interest, go to him/her rather than expect the other way round? Just a suggestion ;)

Back on topic............................

Duck

dc9-32
1st Aug 2009, 06:54
hung start - One assumes the a/c will be based in Oz? You have a PM

chelsky
3rd Aug 2009, 23:12
18m usd - factory new 2008 aircraft. ask DC Aviation out of Stuttgart and do not bargain with "private messangers" if faild ask me in this forum...let it know the industry

hung start
4th Aug 2009, 06:02
Thanks for the info, it is just one of several types we are looking at , i know pilots from our other types but didnt know any legacy drivers or engineers .We already have the crew who will be flying it , sorry guys and gals , the a/c looks impressive i just wanted to make sure looks were not decieving ( too much ) .

A-Z
4th Aug 2009, 20:58
It may be helpful to hear some of the comments I recall from people I meet at work.

Passengers:
Many mention the size of the hold, and some specifically ask for the Legacy for that reason, it is very large and when not full to the brim it serves as a very comfy changing room. Others comment on the amount of space in the cabin for the money they have spent. Always positive remarks. And some pax are glad to make use of the bed in the back (:= no, they sleep).

Cabin crew:
On several occasions when catering for a full house I have been told how glad they were to be doing the trip in the Legacy as opposed to our Challengers and Citation XLS. They all mention that there is space to put lots of plates out at once in the Legacy galley compared to the others.

My colleagues on the flight deck:
It does hold affection with us all. Auto throttles are missed by those of us who have had the pleasure before, and CAT3 capability would be nice sometimes. But generally, we enjoy going to work in it.

Engineers:
Sorry I don't see them much as the thing seldom breaks down, but when I have needed a new LCD panel it took only 20 minutes including testing.

I do hope these comments provide you with perspectives from relevant sources. May whatever you choose bring prosperity and enjoyment to you.

A-Z
4th Aug 2009, 21:11
I forgot... A manual CAT3a is available to trained crew with the Head Up Display fitted (optional extra).

hung start
6th Aug 2009, 07:19
A-Z
Thats the sort of stuff i wanted to hear , thanks a lot . I think the Legacy is coming out in front of a 605 at the moment , the next thing is to have a good look at the build quality of the interior , i know they do a good airframe .

Belgium Legacy
6th Aug 2009, 07:40
The interior is good but not Falcon or Gulfstream quality. (materials used)
Good, comfterble seat, lots of space to store things (depending on the cabin lay out). Everything is easy to operate (except the factory coffee machine).
Looks great if it is treated correctly (have seen the result of the opposite).

btw, the manual Cat 3a option is ony for the ERJ145 and not developed for the shorter Legacy.

PrivateFly
11th Aug 2009, 21:46
Some of you mentioned that you knew of any some corporate FOs. If they live near Luton, let me know, as I may have a job lead that you can pass on.

powerstall
12th Aug 2009, 01:14
not to mention... It is certified to 41,000-foot (12,000 m) altitude versus 37,000 feet (11,000 m) for the airline configuration. Carries 16 passengers for 3,050 nautical miles (5,650 km) or 8 passengers for 3,450 nautical miles (6,390 km). :ok:

lear60fellow
12th Aug 2009, 22:17
Does anyone have the DOCīs for this aircraft?

m8vrk
14th Aug 2009, 01:25
Hi, I am a corporate FO rated on the Embraer Legacy/135/145. I have over 1000 hours on the Legacy, I am not far from Luton and I am willing to relocate worldwide as required.
Please get back to me if you require any more information.

Kind regards

Stan

hung start
28th Oct 2009, 09:19
Thanks to everyone for your info we went down the Legacy road the 605 was a very close second but the fwd lav and that baggage won the day .

mourgo
28th Oct 2009, 11:08
hung start i see your in Australia.. I am very close to a Legacy purchase but a few negatives about it is stopping me and considering a second hand G4. You finding it hard to get crew both cockpit and cabin to run your Legacy?

jetopa
28th Oct 2009, 11:38
Excellent baggage space, quiet and roomy cabin, decent runway performance, a bit noisy in the cockpit, some old-fashioned way the front office is designed (no change from feet to meters, no real V-Nav etc.), good reliability and docile handling characteristics. That comes to my mind when thinking of the Legacy.

There is one for sale in Stuttgart, Germany. One year old, only the ferry flight on the clocks (about 60h), fresh overhaul on the engines (don't ask...) and nice interior. Last time I heard it was being offered for < 18 Mill. USD (just disregard the price they're asking). Registration is D-ADCP, being offered by this company as well:

Boutsen Aviation: corporate aircraft sales (http://www.boutsen.com)

Good luck and have fun with it!

DOUBLE D
28th Oct 2009, 18:50
Mourgo

I can put you in touch with a number Legacy crew today ?
All available with a lot of experience on type .
PM me if you would like some more info
Rgds
DD

balaton
9th Dec 2009, 22:59
It's my second attempt but I try in this thread as well: could anybody send me detailed walkaround pictures from the Training Manual?
Really appreciated.
b

26point2
12th Dec 2009, 14:47
i spent 2 years flying a Legacy and now operate a G4... i really miss the Legacy, much nicer to fly, more space in the flight deck, never mind the lack of autothrottle. its pilot friendly and although the range is limited for trans atlantic ops, its perfect for business groups hopping around in comfort. i'd love to get back on a Legacy.

DOUBLE D
13th Dec 2009, 15:34
Not many jobs about for the Legacy?
Where have they all gone ?
Are they now too expensive to operate in this current environment ?
Any ideas ?

jetopa
16th Dec 2009, 00:16
When the 'news' was spread that the Legacy was a brilliant niche-filler that could do many of the things that much more expensive airplanes normally would do, then everyone wanted one.

Now they're stepping on each others toes, competing for any job at cut-throat prices. Not being a niche aircraft any longer.

My guess is that, once the crisis is over, many types will not be so popular any more.

theWings
17th Dec 2009, 12:29
hung start, assuming you're still looking, I wonder if the Legacy 650 (http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/aircraft-pictures/2009/10/embraer-legacy-650-payload-and.html) is worth waiting for??

hung start
19th Dec 2009, 23:23
yes it would be worth the wait but we couldnt . I have flown ours already and it is very nice . With vortex gens on the cockpit roof its not too noisy . And the factory do a good job on finnishing the a/c.