PDA

View Full Version : PPL Hours Validity?

BAe 146-100
29th Jul 2009, 22:12
I did some flying about 1 year and a half ago, not managed to fly recently due to lack of funds but I racked up around 19 hours. How long will these be valid for?

Cheers

bfisk
29th Jul 2009, 23:03
I'm not quite sure I understand the question? Did you do 19 hrs of flight training towards a PPL, or do you already have one.

In any case, one hour of flight time is exactly that, and it will remain so forever.

If you may count that hours towards the requirements for issuance of a certificate or rating would depend on the exact wording of those requirements, but I believe that this, in most cases, should not be a problem at all.

Happy flying :ok:

BAe 146-100
30th Jul 2009, 06:55
It was 19 hours towards the PPL, I didn't know whether the hours would be valid for life or whether you would have to fly every 18months to keep them valid.

Whopity
30th Jul 2009, 07:05
The hours will remain valid provided they are correctly entered in a log book but any exams taken will have a validity period.

Rodent1982
30th Jul 2009, 08:08
As said, the hours are for life. But as Whopity says if you did any ground exams you'll have to have completed all the ground exams within 18 months of the first exam.

Maybe someone can confirm whether it's 18 months after the first PASS or 18 months after the first ATTEMPT?

In anycase, if you haven't done any exams, then you may just have to go up a couple of times for 'revision' in order to continue training, depending on how far you are in the course.

BAe 146-100
30th Jul 2009, 12:42
Thanks guys much appreciated, I have peace of mind now that my hours are still valid. :)

Genghis the Engineer
30th Jul 2009, 13:10
Maybe someone can confirm whether it's 18 months after the first PASS or 18 months after the first ATTEMPT?

First pass, otherwise it would be impossible to re-take after they've run out.

G