PDA

View Full Version : Windermere Airshow 2009

JAR FCL
26th Jul 2009, 20:18
Was it just me, or did anyone else notice the two idiots who failed to read the NOTAMs re yesterdays wonderful displays? The Warrior was seen off in fantastic style by the Mustang. Lets hope the Mustang pilot scribbled the Warriors details for submission to the CAA.:ugh:

I hope the same people didn't visit today while the Reds were performing.

bonniejack
27th Jul 2009, 09:55
Did you atcually find a NOTAM for this event. Trying to get a timing for the Vulcan I did 2 searches without finding anything re Windermere. Now I am grounded for health reasons at present and was only curious about timing so might have missed it, but if I did it was well hidden.
This is one of my fears about flying. I religiously check MOTAM's but have this fear of missing something. I hope that I would be talking to someone who might prompt me except I usually seem to get what is now basic service (haven't used this new term yet)

west lakes
27th Jul 2009, 17:28
NOTAMS as posted

http://www.pprune.org/5069208-post2.html

10W
28th Jul 2009, 10:47
Lets hope the Mustang pilot scribbled the Warriors details for submission to the CAA.

For what ? If the Warrior didn't enter the Restricted Area (Temporary) for the Red Arrows then no laws were broken. A NOTAM is only advice about aerial activity and hazards and does not prevent other airspace users from also accessing that airspace. Good airmanship would dictate that they take account of the NOTAM'ed activity and give it a wide berth, but they can't be prosecuted for entering the airspace.

Now of course if the Mustang had formated on the Warrior without the Warrior pilots permission ... then we do actually have a breach of legislation and the Mustang pilot might find himself the reported rather than the reporter ;)

Cat.S
2nd Aug 2009, 10:45
Was actually 3 if you count the R44 which did a circuit through the display area shortly after the display should have commenced. As 10W says, not illegal, but poor airmanship. I had the best possible view, as my boat is berthed on the edge, right in the centre of the display line. I wont embarrass anyone by posting the pic with the Cherokee's reg clearly visible, but for those who missed the Vulcan...

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/IRCKevin/wa2.jpg

Robin400
4th Aug 2009, 16:24
The Notam H288/09 appears to have been published on the 16 July @ 13.45.
Was this re published on the morning of the 25th July? if not there is a question which needs to be answered by AIS.

Sky blue and black
5th Aug 2009, 06:46
What do you mean by re published. They are only published once and remain valid until cancelled, replaced or expired.

Maoraigh1
5th Aug 2009, 19:32
I assume the question is "Did this appear on the July 25 Notams, as well as the July 16 one?"

Robin400
6th Aug 2009, 16:56
"Did this appear on the July 25 Notams, as well as the July 16 one?"
Thanks Maoraigh1, that is exactly what I intended to ask.