PDA

View Full Version : Lost SMS Manual

ahramin
24th Jul 2009, 03:36
Going nuts here.

I had a roughly 200 page manual on my computer on how to implement an SMS. Can't remember what organization published it and can't find it either here or online. I may have found the original link for it on this forum.

It was not by ICAO or FSF, it may have been by an international business aviation association or some kind of international aviation association. The logo of the outfit was a green or green and blue globe with an airplane in front trailing a yellow streak behind it which wrapped around the back of the globe.

Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? Or recognize the description of the logo? This manual was very well written and was very detailed about how to implement SMS, right down to describing all the properties of each process such as the hazard reporting system.

Help.

PEI_3721
24th Jul 2009, 13:11
Could be a GAIN book. See Global Aviation Information Network (GAIN) page 1 (http://www.flightsafety.org/gain_home.html) where GAIN files are now hosted by FSF. (3 web pages)

ahramin
24th Jul 2009, 17:18
That's the one. Last night as I was nodding off I was sure the four letter acronym started with G.

Thank you, I was pulling my hair out over this one.