PDA

View Full Version : cheap hours building in Florida PA28/C172?

mroczny
21st Jul 2009, 22:00
Hi, I am looking for a good deal for hours building in Florida (two weeks in October). Any advice/ recommendations/ recent experiences? Last year I have paid about 60$ dry for PA28 in a small place, but they seem to be out of business now.
Ragards

B2N2
23rd Jul 2009, 14:16
No wonder they're out of busniess..with those prices..:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

mroczny
23rd Jul 2009, 15:44
they are still in the business, I have just get a reply yesterday :):):)

ulsterflyer
27th Jul 2009, 20:26
A friend of mine has recommended Air America based at Daytona Beach they rent out cessna's. I plan to go out there next spring or summer.

Mroczny, where are you getting a PA28 for $60/hr? I'd rather fly a PA28

mroczny
29th Jul 2009, 16:31
Ulsterflyer, remember, that the rate is dry. The guy is Neil Ramphal having a small firm close to DAB, at New Smyrna Beach. His page is here:
R & R Aircraft, LLC. (http://www.randraircraft.com/time_building.html)
I have just seen that the price is 65$ now, I think it was 60$ last year but I would have to check it on another PC. He lives mainly from maintance, I suppose, but he does rent some planes. Last year I had some problems with the plane on a very first day in DAB, so I had to go back to Orlando by rent a car and not by plane. But they have fixed it on the next day and the plane was perfect for the other days, so I have made about 28 hours in 4,5 days, really enjoying it. You should not expect a nice secretary and full stuff, but somehow I like the people working hard in this business, counting on their own and I can recommend them. However, it could take time to get an e-mail answer or similar. If you contact him, you can give him greetings from a Polish guy from Germany :-)

Duchess_Driver
29th Jul 2009, 17:13
Sunstate (http://www.sunstateaviation.com) at Kissimmee

Not the cheapest kids on the block....but then you get what you pay for!

DD

mroczny
29th Jul 2009, 17:16
has a very friendly staff, professional mail communication etc, but this is a different price class, so it is a choice of the option

coliny
4th Aug 2009, 23:20
If you come to So Cal there is a flight school that I rent planes from to teach in there that can rent you planes for around 60 an hour dry. It will depend on how many hours you pay for at once..
Let me know if you are interested and I will get you more info.

mroczny
5th Aug 2009, 05:16
So Cal is not on the schedule for this year, but give me please information for the future, as Florida every year is a bit boring (but the fares from Europe and rental cars are not bad)...