PDA

View Full Version : IAA SCP8 - Anyone get a callback?

StephenM_SMC
19th Jul 2009, 18:20
I got an email during the week from the IAA about my application in 2007 for SCP7/8. Basically it was asking if I am still interested for an October start in SCP8, pending a possible final interview and selection. I am trying to decide whether I will accept or decline this, did anyone else hear from the IAA recently?

Also, has there been any major changes in shifts/rosters for controllers in the past two years?

IRLATCO
19th Jul 2009, 22:05
A new SCP class will be starting before years end.Rumour has it though that the "allowance" during training has been altered somewhat.May be worth checking that out.
The basic roster/shift pattern remains relatively unchanged.5 on/3 off with a few minor tweaks here and there.
Go for it if you can afford the couple of years training.Its a tough course but the rewards at the end far outweigh the pain.

alwaysmovin
26th Jul 2009, 20:39
When you say the allowance has been altered do you really mean no allowance will be paid?

StephenM_SMC
28th Jul 2009, 00:21
I was told in the email that it wont be paid. I've also decided that I don't think its the right thing for me at the moment.