PDA

View Full Version : NATS London Gatwick VCR visit..

Jetsetter5
17th Jul 2009, 18:10
Hey guys, my first post here! Been lurking for a little bit read some great interesting/amusing stuff, hoping I can get a warm response to this enquiry/request.

I'd like to visit Gatwick NATS control tower/VCR, and wondering if anybody here works there, therefore to organise? If you'd be kind!

Got a BAA id pass card airport airside pass so security a lesser prospect, given? Reason is, I want to visit pending my 2nd attempt at NATS ATCO tests, interviews and selection.

I know the AIP has phone for towers but wanted to try here with you guys first, as you certainly appear friendly :) if not no worries!

Thank you for any help at all

pugwash4x4
18th Jul 2009, 21:39
Have just had a Gatwick Tower Visit (Thanks Brian) organised by NATS HR, suggest you approach them first.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Jul 2009, 07:11
Jetsetter5... If you have a local security pass for Gatwick and work airside just telephone ATC and tell them the story. If you work for the airport authority they'll probably let you up there anyway.

So many people come on here asking how to visit a tower - and it is difficult nowadays with increased security - but they could save themselves a lot of time by picking up the phone! As someone once said in a similar thread - it demonstrates initiative.

Good luck with the tests, etc.