PDA

View Full Version : Blackbushe Aviation, any reviews?

Double Hydco
13th Jul 2009, 14:10
Does anyone have any recent experience of PPL training at Blackbushe Aviation?

I've got a pal who is considering starting their PPL training, and Blackbushe is the closest airfield to them.

Also, since I don't know much about the GA scene in that neck of the woods, any other suggestions of good schools/clubs in the general area would be appreciated.

Ta, DH

cjhants
14th Jul 2009, 06:14
i started my training at blackbushe, not realising they were only licensed until 1800. not a problem in the winter, but this meant i could not take any lessons in the long summer evenings. so i eventually went elsewhere.

Sciolistes
15th Jul 2009, 03:27
I completed all my training from PPL to CPL/MEIR at Blackbushe Aviation up until 2006. I found the instruction first rate, the aircraft were good and the airfield had (has?) good facilities. I would recommend them based on my experience.

You maybe aware that Blackbushe is part of Redair which has a school at Redhill and Sky Lesuire at Shoreham. If the hours constraints at Blackbushe are problematic perhaps the other ones are of interest.

Lightning6
15th Jul 2009, 03:34
I've had no experience with Blackushe, but one of the instructors there, Islam, is superb, he taught me at Biggin many years ago, you can't get any better.

Link Here (http://redairflightcentres.com/blackbushe/Frames/Staff_main.htm), hope this helps.

Double Hydco
15th Jul 2009, 08:44
Many thanks for taking the time to give me your opinions.

I hadn't realised that JD was involved. She did my BCPL flight test many moons ago, and was very nice.

Thanks again, DH

Lightning6
15th Jul 2009, 19:13
Many thanks for taking the time to give me your opinions.

I hadn't realised that JD was involved. She did my BCPL flight test many moons ago, and was very nice.

Thanks again, DH

JD and I did our PPL training at the same time in the mid 70's at the same club, which was CSFC at the time.

PilotPieces
20th Jul 2009, 09:17
Training there now. All is good, instructors are excellent.

Pm me if you have any specific questions.

Vino Collapso
20th Jul 2009, 10:27
JD and I did our PPL training at the same time in the mid 70's at the same club, which was CSFC at the time.

Who are you? I did my PPL training at CSFC at the same time as JD, taught by a somewhat younger Islam!:eek:

Dawdler
20th Jul 2009, 16:23
Is the scrap yard still there, raher conveniently at the end of the runway?

D:8

Lightning6
20th Jul 2009, 17:32
Who are you? I did my PPL training at CSFC at the same time as JD, taught by a somewhat younger Islam!:eek:

Vino, check your PM's

PilotPieces
20th Jul 2009, 22:25
Dawdler

Yeah, good place for car spares and aircraft spares if someone has an EFATO.

Dawdler
24th Jul 2009, 20:09
Thats what I was thinking:8