PDA

View Full Version : Brize Zone during RIAT

billybob11652
12th Jul 2009, 23:51
Have studied the various releases from CAA via AIS/AICs but am unclear whether I can request to transit the Brize zone on 18 July early in day to route from Didcot to Burford or will I have to route around their RA(T)..
Wish these things were made easier to decipher and locate as I dont want to screw up and join in with the Red Arrows!!Can anyone assist me plse??

englishal
13th Jul 2009, 14:15
Normally an RA(T) is only in force for a specific time. I haven't looked at the ones you are on about, but if it is a Red Arrows one it is probably only in force for 30 mins or so? Outside of these times it doesn't exist....

ATCO Fred
13th Jul 2009, 21:28
Billy Bob - just had a look at this : http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/current/aic/mauve/EG_Circ_2009_M_042_en.pdf

And basically the answer is NO....UNLESS as caveated several times in the text "any aircraft flying in accordance with a clearance issued by the Air Traffic Control Unit at RAF Brize Norton" Which is what you will have to get to cross the CTR anyway (RIAT or no RIAT).

Don't leave it to chance - call the Brize Supervisory prior to take off; traffic permitting I'm sure they'll try and accommodate!