PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatic A/C Near Bonn, Germany

alphaLaura
10th Jul 2009, 13:02
Hi everyone,

I have the possibility to spend 3 months in Bonn, Germany as part of my PHD to gain some additional experience besides my work in Ireland. The main problem is that I cannot get through 2 weeks without flying upside down :bored: Can anybody here advise me about airfields near Bonn (anything within 2 hours is ok - I already make a 6 hour round trip to fly a Su-29 here)?

Nobbes
11th Jul 2009, 13:34
When you're willing to travel up to 2 hours, you're basically spoilt for choice (at least with regards to airfields, probably not so much when it comes to aerobatic planes).
First, there's Bonn Hangelar (EDKB). It's about 15 minutes by car from the city center, or 25 minutes by tram. I'm currently doing my PPL there. Not sure though if there are any aerobatic planes for rent in Hangelar.
But I think you can rent a Extra 200 at Dahlemer Binz (EDKV). That's about 1 hr to 1:20 hrs by car from Bonn, depending on the route you take.
Some other airfields that should be in the 2 hr radius: Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler (EDRA), Aachen-Merzbrück (EDKA), Koblenz-Winningen (EDRK), Dierdorf-Wienau (EDRW).