PDA

View Full Version : London ATC Today - Thumbs Up!

Config
7th Jul 2009, 17:05
As a pilot operating four sectors today in the London TMA, avoiding many thunderstorms, can I please congratulate and thank you guys for a fantastic job for accommodating, what seemed like, every avoiding heading. Not just for me, but for everyone.

You are appreciated! :ok:

timelapse
7th Jul 2009, 17:36
I think a lot of controllers will be going home today and heading for the gin cupboard!

fisbangwollop
7th Jul 2009, 18:23
Its at times like this that I wish our dear leader Mr Barron would get off his frigging bar stool and come and see how our guys are the best in the world.....and earn every penny to!!!......well done guys keep up the good work..:ok:

7th Jul 2009, 18:27
No, he and his "gang" will just award themselves big bonuses on the back of White Watch's excellent work :cool:

Sean Dell
7th Jul 2009, 18:50
How the hell we didn't hold going into LGW today is beyond me! A truly outstanding job from Director as we approached TIMBA - calm, unflappable and very professional - lots of calls of 'good work' etc.

You are a credit to your profession.

:ok:

southern jock
7th Jul 2009, 19:47
As someone who has worked on several of the recent days of bad weather I can testify to the hard work that has gone on to ensure that we continue to provide the service that UK ATC is renowned for. It is a sad fact that this hard work will continue to be ignored by the former ATC provider known as NATS. Instead of acknowledging the hard work and excellent service of all operational staff we will instead be fed the same drivel day after day, focusing on corporate NATS, a company where the core staff are now no longer valued and in many cases disliked. We only need to look at the recent NATSNET threads on fam flights and customer awareness to see what corporate NATS thinks of us. I would love to invite Mr Barron, Mr Mills and all his cronies and followers in various departments to come into the ops rooms when the weather is crap, or watch replays and realise what it is this company should be about, what it used to be about and what it will always be about for those of us who care about the job we do.

Good work everyone.

10W
7th Jul 2009, 19:53
Well said Southern Jock. They haven't a clue.

Medway Control
7th Jul 2009, 20:48
95.8... No other watches on today then eh?? No morning shift this morning I guess... All hail white watch lol! :hmm:

ImnotanERIC
7th Jul 2009, 21:49
I think it was a fair assumption by 95.8 that most of the weather was encountered after 1400 local. Of the shifts I have worked in the past and encountered weather, almost all were a PM shift.
There was a little bit of weather avoiding at 0620ish this morning, but looking at the weather forecast on tv most of the uks weather was indeed this afternoon. And it certainly was over my house.

middles
8th Jul 2009, 18:10
C'mon guy's lets not get a bit OTT here.All it really did was brighten-up an otherwise normally dull day at the office.

BOAC
8th Jul 2009, 20:51
I have now ceased flying, but in my 20 years+ of flying in and out of Gatwick in TS, RA, FG, and cats and frogs, there has always been an outstanding service from all concerned at the operational level.

mr.777
9th Jul 2009, 05:52
C'mon guy's lets not get a bit OTT here.All it really did was brighten-up an otherwise normally dull day at the office

Yeah, I was really glad at the end of my 2nd night shift to have to do weather avoiding for the last hour.:}

anotherthing
9th Jul 2009, 08:15
C'mon guy's lets not get a bit OTT here.All it really did was brighten-up an otherwise normally dull day at the office.Would be a valid point if you'd managed to work through the weather without any need for flow or MDIs etc - but you didn't (80 minutes start up delay at Heathrow for instance).

Therefore considering the weather, it was good work by all involved :ok:

5milesbaby
11th Jul 2009, 09:45
Being in the Ops Room for a day shift that day I can clarify that there were areas badly effected in the morning too, and please don't forget the hard working spinners.......... :ok:

The afternoon on the 6th was interesting too, another heatwave needed please :{

2 sheds
11th Jul 2009, 13:14
I would love to invite Mr Barron, Mr Mills and all his cronies and followers in various departments to come into the ops rooms when the weather is crap, or watch replays and realise what it is this company should be about, what it used to be about and what it will always be about for those of us who care about the job we do.Southern Jock

Quite so. However, I fear that would only produce the reaction that "that is what you are (over)-paid to do and what is so difficult about it". They will never understand what it is all about until they have tried it themselves - and there is no chance of that! (Besides which, you don't really want the buggas in your ops room, do you?)

2 s

NW3
14th Jul 2009, 22:11
Thanks Guys!

I was on a 757 coming in to LHR from HEL, and there was a fair bit of head scratching as LAM came into view on the nav display covered with a socking great big red blob.

Someone skillfully vectored us west from LAM then down onto the C/L... I think we missed the worst of it although there was still solid red a few miles south of us as we made our approach.

Not too sure of the details of what's going on at NATS at the moment, but at my airline we've got some s*** going on too - not fun.

Keep up the good work. You guys are the best in the world.

I promised myself I wouldn't get emotional.......... :{

Scuzi
15th Jul 2009, 00:05
NW3, was that about 1100-1200-ish? If so, count yourself lucky you made it as far as LAM! It was absolute carnage for a short while as every man and his dog arrived in one big bunch as a massive CB settled in over LAM:}

It's all part of the fun though, or so they keep telling me.

Lon More
15th Jul 2009, 10:38
One good day a year and everyone forgets the other 364:E

swamy64aqua
16th Jul 2009, 19:50
nothing is impossible for the person who does not have to do it.. hi iam an Air traffic Controller and Watch supervisory officer at IGIA, New Delhi.. all i have to say is that i am addicted to this profession and thoroughly enjoy more hours on the channel .. no job is less important but this one job is great 'cause Gods control the earth from the skies above.. air traffic controllers the skies from the earth below.. do the job to the best of your satisfaction and answer your own conscience.. recognition comes from the discerning ...

Eric T Cartman
16th Jul 2009, 20:25
@ swamy64aqua
Nicely put sir ! :ok: