PDA

View Full Version : Iosa Audit Max Cross Wind On App

justintime5
7th Jul 2009, 16:09
Well into prepering the IOSA audit for this year I have come across a point I have serious doubts.

Page FLT 45
Limitations and Performance
Point 3.11.47 The operator shall have wind component limitations for T/O, approach and landing in the OM that do not exceed the values demostrated........

I have never heard of an approach wind limitation.
Has anyone gone through this years audit and had this point come up?

Has anyone heard of approach wind limitations?

Thanks.

CRJ2
7th Jul 2009, 21:56
On the CRJ we have a wind limitation for the low visibility approaches with the HGS as well as for the A/P coupled CATII approaches.

Dan Winterland
8th Jul 2009, 00:04
A320 - 38 knts for take off and land, 25 knots for CAT II with manual land and 20 knots for autoland. Perhaps these are what it is alluding to.

KSJM
8th Jul 2009, 02:34
Just guessing; does it infer some 'new' Approach ban - ie approach not to be commenced if ATC wind outside limitations?

justintime5
8th Jul 2009, 19:38
I suppose it is for the CAT II/III APP. It was the only thing we came across that could refer to a wind limitation on APP.
I'm not a very ops/tech guy but I thought that the CatII/III wind limitation is for the autoland in our case (Boeing) and hence not limiting on initial APP. If that was the case we would be out of limits most of the time on initial APP. I just didn't know if there was an aircraft that actually did have a max wind for APP. :8

Thanks a lot for the input.