PDA

View Full Version : Days off/rostering question for aussie ATC's

alvindarkness
5th Jul 2009, 17:47
Im getting mixed information on RDO's, weekends, and general days off regarding controllers in oz (particularly en-route).

I went through the recruitment process and am starting training soon enough. I was told in the interview that the general work week is 3 days on, 2 days off (or something like that). Now on the forums Im read that one is lucky to get "one day off a month". I've read other posts in the past where people were saying time off is actually decent.

So just want to know what to expect. Do you guys actually get weekends? rdo's? etc? (I mean beyond the 4-5 weeks annual leave per year).

Blockla
5th Jul 2009, 21:20
Most current rosters are 4 on 2 off (but it varies 5 on 2 off 3 on 1 off etc)...

There is currently an expectation that you be available except in specific circumstances for overtime on your days off (as recently confirmed by the AIRC). That doesn't mean you always get called when you're off...

The maximum run of consecutive shifts is 10; so you get one off after ten on guaranteed!

mmhbtower
6th Jul 2009, 23:12
It also depends where you are, in some locations (tower) who will be rostered (not including overtime) 5 weekends out of six too bad if you have a life. You will be called for overtime on every RDO except in the case where that shift makes more than 10 in a row. You will work a roster that has no pattern and cannot be projected into the future.

mikk_13
10th Jul 2009, 14:42
in some groups in Brissy........

it will be

night, night/afternoon, afternoon, on call day (work between 8am to midnight), off , off, early morning- then doggo that night, another doggo, off, then it starts again

If the grey day falls on the weekend you have to work.

Every 11 weeks you get the sat-sun off.

aluminium persuader
12th Jul 2009, 12:46
and when Canberra start writing the rosters for all of Oz....?

:\:\:eek:

ap