PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen

RByrne
2nd Jul 2009, 11:26
Can anyone please advise on the rota worked in Aberdeen?

Also, the different departments available, offshore etc?

And finally, how easy/hard is it to get your first choice station after finishing training? Ideally I'd like Aberdeen but know I'd have to go where I was sent.

Many thanks for any help.

throw a dyce
2nd Jul 2009, 11:42
Standard 5 watch 10 day roster,for both Offshore and Airport.Don't know about posting etc.It's not the cheapest place to live,with the oil industry picking up.Also you get paid a lot less than Scottish and way way less than TC,Heathrow etc.
Airport is a difficult validation,and you need Tower and Approach radar to be of any use.That's life at the bottom I'm afraid.:cool:

LEGAL TENDER
2nd Jul 2009, 11:48
And finally, how easy/hard is it to get your first choice station after finishing training? Ideally I'd like Aberdeen but know I'd have to go where I was sent.

The "Ice Station" is literally congested with trainees and new projects etc... therefore it is highly unlikely that anybody new will get posted there in the next year or so...

You'll probably end up in London, while someone from London is desperate to get out of ABZ ;)

Glamdring
2nd Jul 2009, 15:59
8 Trainees at the moment. I wouldn't expect anymore PD postings for a few months.

Co ordination unaffected
3rd Jul 2009, 07:08
Speaking to an acquaintance up there the other week, it seems morale's pretty low on the ice station at the mo.

Scooby Don't
3rd Jul 2009, 08:59
Morale pretty low??? That's a vast improvement then! Someone should give that Barron chap a bonus... :}