PDA

View Full Version : Who determines the minimums

JABBARA
1st Jul 2009, 22:32
I was just checking some AIPs of different Eurocontrol member countries from
here (http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/publicuser/public/pu/login.jsp)

What surprised me, neither State issued approach charts nor AIPs contain information about minimimus (DA/MDA) or required weather (RVR/VIS).
The published values are only OCA values for an instrument approach. I know that an MDA(MDH) or DA (DH) can be derived as adding the margins (depending on NAV AID, Airplane App Cat etc.) to these OCAs as prescribed by PANS OPS procedures.

What I know Annex 6 says each operator should determine their minimums on their own, depending on some criteria. But in reality we know, as a short cut, they usually mentions on their OPS MANUALS that Jeppesen Values are valid for themselves if they are using Jeppesen charts.

My questions are, since this is not done and published on AIPs (at least for Eurocontrol Countries on the above link):

-Is Jeppesen authorized to do this for those who are using its charts? What I know jeppesen is a publisher only, but if authorized who authorizes it to do that?
- The same questions are for RVR/VIS, who determines these?
- Whosoever is determining minimum RVR/VIS, if they are NON JAR OPS countries (and neither FAA) according to which referenece they are doing this? Because I know in JAR OPS-1 (or EU OPS), according to MDA/DA, minimum RVR/VIS can be determined.