PDA

View Full Version : Question to ATCs

Rednex
29th Jun 2009, 13:31
Hello, was wondering if you could help me.
1. What is the responce to an aircraft that has reported that it is going around on an instrument approach??
2. If an aircraft declares a PAN or MAYDAY what do you come back saying to acknowledge there call??
3. If reporting a RVR would you say "Callsign.RVR Touchdown Two zero zero etc.. or is it "two hundred, One hundred and twenty five" etc..Do you make a difference like there is on heading vs a FL?

Thanks ffor your help:ok:

Spitoon
29th Jun 2009, 14:26
1 - Roger and any instructions
2 - Roger your mayday and any instructions
3 - Each digit separately

2 sheds
29th Jun 2009, 14:54
Spitoon

Think you need to check your point (3) !

2 s

Spitoon
29th Jun 2009, 15:10
With thanks to 2 sheds, I'll amend my answer to point 3. The UK book says (and I can't explain it any better myself):

'All numbers used in the transmission of ... runway visual range (RVR), which contain whole hundreds and whole thousands, shall be transmitted by pronouncing each digit in the number of hundreds or thousands followed by the word 'Hundred' or 'Tousand' as appropriate.
Combinations of thousands and whole hundreds shall be transmitted by pronouncing each digit in the number of thousands followed by the word 'Tousand' followed by the number of hundreds followed by the word 'Hundred'; examples of this convention are as follows:
900 feet - Niner Hundred feet
2500 feet - Two Tousand Fife Hundred feet

My defence is that I haven't done it for real for a while and age is clearly playing tricks with my memory!

goatface
29th Jun 2009, 17:40
1. "Youve ****** up again Jenkins!".

2. "Pan? Mayday? God that's so last year!".

3. "RVR? Sod that, it's foggy - just accept it!".

:E:E:E: