PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle ATCO jobs

Lincolnlass
26th Jun 2009, 07:15
I see Newcastle are advertising for controllers again:

Newcastle Airport - Vacancies (http://www.newcastleairport.com/AboutYourAirport/Recruitment)

Doesn't say how many - anyone got any ideas?

classicwings
26th Jun 2009, 13:56
This time the ad says:

Applicants should hold both ADI & APS ratings.

Last time it just said applicants should hold an ADI rating, whether fully validated or not, I don't know.:rolleyes:

Roadrunner Once
26th Jun 2009, 14:28
Possibly they had enough fully-rated applicants last time that they feel confident they can get enough this time too. Not at all unusual for an airport like Newcastle.

General_Kirby
26th Jun 2009, 19:34
Pay seems a bit low, is that while training? Or is there extra anti social hours payment or anything? And anyone from Newcastle care to comment on the morale etc at the moment...oh and what shift cycles do they do? Cheers

goatface
26th Jun 2009, 21:49
As far as I know things haven't changed since the last time they advertised.
Crap management, crap terms and conditions and most of the guys and gals who worked so hard to consistantly make it a popular choice to work at, have left or don't intend to be around much longer.

A great shame but indicitive of the way things are at many places now.

I wouldn't leave a job at a place at which I was even moderately happy at to go there.

FrankLeeSpeakin
26th Jun 2009, 22:01
"enthusiastic, confident and highly motivated"
Oh damn that rules me out then - i have all the relevant qualifications but I just lack confidence, enthusiasm and motivation....

Pardon my sarcasm but I am bloody sick of such idiotic standard tripe which appears in ALL job adverts for ANY job.

Ivor_Novello
29th Jun 2009, 08:12
No need to rush.
The closing date is 1/1/3000 :)