PDA

View Full Version : A320 Pilot Question.

HeathrowAirport
24th Jun 2009, 11:55
Hello,

Ill try my best to explain this but Its kind of hard to do so...

I just wondered, when you disconnect the autopilot it stays on the ECAM autopilot disconnected, once landed the FMGC goes blank so it resets itself right?

Now when Ive parked on the gate, how do I get rid of that message? Becuase when I re-prep for the return It wont go away, and I dont get the messages for take-off config etc when thats there.

Im sort of confused do I need to switch the IRS off and then re-switch to NAV and align my position?

Whats the best procedure to re-prep the a/c in to set the aicraft up for Take-off config, so that I can go by the checklist and the ECAM displays what I first get when I started my Flight.

Thanks,

Robbie

Carnage Matey!
24th Jun 2009, 13:08
I don't know what flight sim you're using but in the real aircraft the autopilot disengage message (along with the disengage tone) goes away if you push the sidestick button twice when you disconnect.

Perhaps try switching off the flight directors after landing, doing a fast realign on the IRS at the gate then switching the FDs back on. Seems to cure most problems on the real aircraft. I don't think you'll get the FMC back without an IRS realign.

Superpilot
24th Jun 2009, 14:44
Hello Robbie,

...when you disconnect the autopilot it stays on the ECAM autopilot disconnected, once landed the FMGC goes blank so it resets itself right?

In the real plane, one would normally take out the autopilot by pressing the instinctive red push button on the joystick. This results in a loud chime and master caution light flashing away. To stop this you press the same push button on the joystick again. This is normally done in quick succession to try to avoid the alarm altogether, but you always hear at least 2 chimes anyway. In MSFS, you only need to press 'Z' once I believe to take out the autopilot and cancel the warning.

If you take out the autopilot by pushing the A/P button on the MCP (Mode Control Panel) in front of you, then you will see 'A/P disconnected' on the ECAM display and you would have to go through the ECAM drill or 'ECAM actions' to clear it. Done simply by pressing the CLR button on the ECAM control panel a few times. This would be the incorrect way of switching off the autopilot.

So, I think the answer to all your questions is to read up on clearing ECAM messages. I'm guessing you're using Wilco. It's a good model with good documentation.

HeathrowAirport
24th Jun 2009, 21:29
Im using MSFS 2004.. Carnage Matey!

Superpilot, Thats exactly what Ive been doing, disengaging the AP that way, becuase I havent got a registered version of FSUIPC I dont think I can disengage that way. But Ive tried z and that works, so Ill just have to remember to use that..

So at least I know I have been doing it wrong and now to make ammends. Ive merged my wilco with the Project Airbus A320, A319 so its much more better.. Ill try and post some screenshots If allowed in the Jetblast forum.

AirSimmer looks to be the A320 nicked and visualed in Flightsim, its that good. Thats something to look forward to.

I take a guess your an Airbus Pilot, I normally at Heathrow land with Idle reverse and Autobrake Low, and take off the reversers at 100knts and then autobrakes at 80 I manual brake.

What is the correct procedure?

tom775257
25th Jun 2009, 17:24
For what it's worth, brakes/reverse use tends to vary with airport noise abatement and company SOP.

Most people would leave reverse in until taxi in, but bringing the reverse thrust to idle at 70kts. Manual brakes as required.

At my previous company it would be full reverse (noise permitting) manual brakes (as little as possible). To use autobrake was seen as a cop-out.

At my current company we tend to use idle reverse most of the time, and almost always medium autobrake - cooks the brakes, but hey, I'll do what the airline wants! Infact it would be against SOP to use manual brakes until somewhere down the runway while slowing down.

Cheers.