PDA

View Full Version : Stress Levels at Emirates

rakedwings
23rd Jun 2009, 06:12
Given the recent changes,let's start rating stress levels at EK on a scale of 1 to 10. Since its all about grading at Ek. 1 being minimal and 10 can't take it anymore and looking for the red ejection button.
Perhaps it will help the new joiners a perspective at what they are aiming for.

puff m'call
23rd Jun 2009, 06:50
It's a 10, a big fat 10.

The way this airline is going we ARE heading for a major prang.:ugh:

And it's all been brought on by the fear ruling management.:D

Cyberbird
23rd Jun 2009, 07:04
It's a big & massive TEN plus !!

I'm top bid this month and very good seniority, and still getting all those "manual insertions" of nihgt turnarounds to BOM, HYD etc. pp.

What i'm NOT getting, is my days asked for OFF and NO leave in the "peak period" - those muppets in (s)crewing really sucks!

Especially, when they do their famous "manual fixes" of giving you a nasty turnaround flight between your requested 4 d OFF at the end of the month, right before those Days OFF at the beginning of the next month!

Emirates: Next exit: disaster site ! :eek: ... we came already sooooo close to that too often - however fingers X-ed !!!

CRS
23rd Jun 2009, 07:10

Competent commercial management, f***ing useleess flight ops management.

A complete bunch of spineless individuals, and in case of the talking horse, ponticficating on types of flying in which he has ZERO experience. Mind you I think the main problem in this airline is AAR. A micro managing individual who is way out of his depth!

The manuals in their charge are useless. The introduction of new equipment and SOP always takes about 3 goes to get right! In the 8 years I have been here it is getting worse!

Keep it safe gents,

CRS

Panther 88
23rd Jun 2009, 07:14
The implied stress level of getting fired for a honest infraction (getting a G/A wrong during training) keeps the stress level up-way up. The possibility of getting called in to explain why you take extra fuel for a midnight arrival and the implied implications of said call in. The stress level of constant 0300 sign ins for a turnaround, and finally living in Dubai and its constant issues (construction, inept bureaucracy, traffic, weather), just to name a few........all keeps it around 10.

But the great professionals from varied backgrounds, new equipment knocks a point off. So for me-9. But the eject handle is being reached for once the ejection envelope improves. Don't want to eject inverted at 200 feet.:eek:

777boyindubai
23rd Jun 2009, 09:53
On a scale of one to ten.....I would say 11.
Inept management gets the extra point!!
Lies, incompetance, the rule of fear...Take your pick!

Kennytheking
23rd Jun 2009, 11:45
Actually, my stress level is probably closer to 1.....

I have just graciously been granted an extra 5 years to study for my upgrade.

If I ever go for tea and biscuits, what can they do to me? Take my upgrade away, not give me bonus, or take away my annual increase.....already been done, so nothing to lose!

In fact the worst thing they can do is fire me and I think they would be doing me a favour:rolleyes:

sheiken around
23rd Jun 2009, 12:01
A 10 for certain (if not even higher) - Just remember, the company's position regarding stress, morale etc. is that there is no connection between either of them and safety. This was said at more than one "commanders" and "future commanders" conference.

I heard it myself when MM (Trng) said that there was "NO" connection between low morale and the possibility of reduced safety due to flight crews being dejected and distracted.

I disagree completely..there is such a connection and if this company isn't careful, they just might see the result of the connection plastered into the ground (or mountain) somewhere....

Bypass ratio
23rd Jun 2009, 12:15
Kennytheking you are absolutely correct.....I LOVE IT:)

allaru
23rd Jun 2009, 12:25
A 10++.

Recent weeks and months post MEL have seen a further major deterioration in everything.

Why with all of those stress relieving innovations such as spot line checks, compulsory online training modules every month with some jerk telling to select start to start an engine, wasting the little spare time I have and the little spare money the company has, living in fear of losing my job every time I go to work (another recent sacking), utilities, overtime, pay for published block time (as opposed to block or actual as it was before) , block times, FTLs, crew rest, layovers, allowances, uniform police, management briefings, jump seats, training in our time, that annoying jail they call briefing, what a horses arse.

One of the things that I valued at EK was the job security, it was something that EK pilots worked for 20 years to establish, and in a few months has been completely destroyed, along with any remnants of safety culture that we may have had left.

Like many others now, I consider myself as a temporary employee and I have significantly curtailed my spending in Dubai. The damage done by EK managements present course extends well beyond the airline.

Puff n stuff said already

THIS AIRLINE IS HEADING FOR A MAJOR PRANG..

greenslopes
23rd Jun 2009, 12:35
The very definition of stress highlights the flow on negative effects of adverse stress. " Stress is the adverse reaction people have to excessive pressure placed on them for extraordinary demands, constraints and opportunities".
You may have seen the Yerkes- Dodson bell curve indicative of the performance deterioration of higher than optimal levels of stress.
Also a report in the British Medical Journal in October 2002 found that workers who spent long hours in high-pressure jobs were twice as likely to die from a heart attack than those working normal hours.
Perhaps an anonymous report to an authority indicating the breach in duty of care towards flight crew, via willful disregard for crew welfare from senior management would do the trick.
An authority outside of Middle East might be the trick. ICAO?, Perhaps the ATSB or U.K CAA would be interested as no-one wants to have an incident/accident on their doorstep.
Good Luck all, I know what it's like to be under the pump.
Stay Safe

h3dxb
23rd Jun 2009, 12:54
Stress ???

Wait till I tell U something about yr maintenance, than yr stress level is going up to 15 :ugh:
We hire only the best?? BS^10
The best will not come for the current offer, and the few best are left, will run as soon the wheel is once more turning.
Never saw before , so much fear, incompetence, mismanagment and CYA like here. Will never ever listen again to a slogan: we hire the best!!!!!!!!!

Keep discovering:yuk:

xkred27
23rd Jun 2009, 14:27
Stress 1.

I couldn't care less about EK or command anymore. This place is a toilet.
When the economy picks up I will go home a take any jet job. I appreciate the west more after being here.......Quality of life is more important now.

Being a captain in EK doesn't sound like too much fun anyway.

Dogged
23rd Jun 2009, 18:41
2nd from the top bid group this month.
Nothing I was requesting was awarded.
9 days off.
Max 3 days in a row off.
FO pilot meeting. Who cares?
85 hour sked.
Been here about 3 years.
High time Captain at my previous airline but I now require 4000 hours at EK to upgrade because my AC was 2.5 tons on the light side.
I can't give a stresss grade.
According to Emirates I must be to dumb to even count to 10.

Kamelchaser
23rd Jun 2009, 19:03
A definite 10.

July roster...90 hours in 3 weeks!!!

Guess that's the way it will be from now on. Press Two.

Volverine
23rd Jun 2009, 19:23
10/10 brace brace brace

White Knight
23rd Jun 2009, 20:23
Well now girls - you're all calling it a 10 but I see only ONE of you has voted 10:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We Fix Them
23rd Jun 2009, 22:07
Well friends, I'll have to vote between an 5 or 6 ! Why ? At the end of the day, why are we here ??? $$$... Exactly ! Don't worry as it's there airplanes and were the robots that operate/fix them and came here with our vast experience not given by this great company lol... but to shine for them and make it look like we have something to be grateful for... I'm still looking for that something and may find it one day buried somewhere in the sand. :) What I'm trying to say is why stress ourselves out and risk our health for what ? Emirates... Like in other posts as some people have mentioned, it's an revolving circle and what goes around comes around; maybe the long way but things can only get better...:hmm: Well we hope. Like the saying goes, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - let's just hope it's not a train !

MR8
23rd Jun 2009, 22:57
Sorry guys,

No stress at all here.. I do my job, have a good time flying, although I have to admit it's more often the middle of the night then not, but once I get home, I crack a beer and relax...

Also on the job, there is absolutely no stress involved since I do not care about EK anymore..
Were late? Well so be it.
Sir, we have to wait another 25 minutes for connecting pax.. Sweet L1, can I please have another cup of coffee and a Gulf news?
Captain, we have 1hr delay! Sorry guys, I'm too tired and I won't go into discretion, see you tomorrow or so...

Gents, I do fly as a professional, I never take more fuel than required, I still like to fly.. But I refuse to go the extra mile for EK, I refuse to wind myself up for them, and it actually is a pretty good life out there if you don't...

Try it!!

MR8

Wiley
24th Jun 2009, 03:02
I've followed MR8's line almost to the letter for some years now and it's worked for me.

NO LAND 3
24th Jun 2009, 04:55
Ditto
You'd have to make the distinction between stress of the actual job and stress associated with the wider EK lifestyle package. Theres a bit of a point spread between the two! Especially if you get put in Mirdiff.
If I could take this job back to my home country I'd be a pretty happy guy.
Mind you I'm 777...

lowstandard
24th Jun 2009, 11:31
Volverine,

Unfortunately I am going to have to give you a 2 because its
"BRACE BRACE" not "BRACE BRACE BRACE".

Unfortunately you will be fired.

Unfortunately yes, this is training.

Ill take a 7 because if I do get called in, I really want to show them something:E

Marooned
24th Jun 2009, 16:04
Re TCAS and an invite to the Glass House if rude... don't answer the blo*dy phone on days off/rest periods = no arguments, less stress.

As for the pathetic attempts of TCAS, M&M & Ed to give us the the perception that they care, they have only succeeded to increase the stress levels to point which increases the possibility of an incident/accident. Again they shoot and score... into their own net, pathetic.

FUEK

Panther 88
24th Jun 2009, 19:08
Ready! Shoot! Aim!:uhoh: SNAFU in spades.

halas
25th Jun 2009, 03:03
little emotional there Mensaboy,

If you do turn up to work fatigued, then you contravene the FOM, and common sense. Blaming a crew schedular behind a desk for any mistake we make at work (and trying to get away with it) is stretching the bow a little too far.

Some flight deck have been taking leave with out pay. It just wasn't advertised, but l get your point.

Unfortunately those you speak of do exist in the pilot group. I have flown and shared cars with colleagues that do nothing short of make me cringe with some of their antics and over self-belief. And l believe this minority have induced the email from TCAS.

You are correct about rest and politeness when dealing with roster changes.

halas

Tin-Tin
25th Jun 2009, 06:55
Emirates sounds like a great place!!!!:ok:

White Knight
25th Jun 2009, 09:02
MR8 hits the nail on the head.. It's easy to beat the stress that way - if you're stressed that is:}

nolimitholdem
25th Jun 2009, 10:35
Ahhhh White Knight...defender of the EK...love it. Always good for a chuckle. Lemme guess, your Prado is the one with the Fly Emirates sunshades and you have the Talking Horse on speed-dial...

I tend to agree with kennytheking. To be stressed implies that one actually gives a sh$t. Or has the energy to pretend they do. I save that for the twice-yearly checking, otherwise *yawn*...

A good rule of warfare is to remember there is no one more dangerous than an adversary with little to lose. Something the brilliant bulbs "leading" us would do well to think about. Apathy is deadlier than fatigue, and you can't force someone to care no matter how many petty FCI's you release, and no matter how many patronizing, paternal emails you send. Bullying is a game of diminishing returns.

Back to sleep! :ok:

White Knight
25th Jun 2009, 11:21
Ahhh NLH - not a prado old son, too small:ok: Talking horse on speed dial - no thanks, I don't listen to drivel... (what's speed dial:rolleyes:)

I don't get stressed too much - simple.. Life's what you make it sunshine! I go to work - fly - enjoy ale downroute - come home and forget about EK. Simple... You all want to sit and stew then that's up to you:\

linedriva
26th Jun 2009, 04:52
Going to work reduces my stress levels - I go to a pub in a faraway land and don't have to listen to the wife complain about how late I got home and didn't put out the rubbish! :ok:

Yo767
27th Jun 2009, 09:24
While reading this thread, my stress level temporarily peaked at 1.5

A Gulfair Captain

Tail Rota
27th Jun 2009, 12:58
what a great thread Fellas:E

I love going to work....I have a great laugh everyday I am there experiencing the gross neglegence of the ground staff trying to dispatch us out of Dubai....:ugh:

I laugh at the guys screaming at SMNC on 132.6 because the high lifter hasnt made the Aircraft at gate C30 at 5am or the loadsheet hasnt arrived as per the FCI dated blah blah blah 2009 or I have been over fueled 200kg's.....:ugh:

I am actually getting younger laughing so hard at the attitudes of some of my colleages being too scared to come to work incase its their last flight.....I am unsure what exactley they are scared of!!:rolleyes:

And the biggest laugh of all ..........not one policy change that has been implemented after the so called Melbourne incident has affected me in anyway.......:E

So whats my point......I am laughing alot these days.....and I only laugh at good Jokes:D

Fellas you are Lions......dont let the monkeys stress you out....they will always be monkeys....but... you will always be a Lion..rrrrrrrrrraaaahhhh:}

TR:ok:

kotakota
27th Jun 2009, 13:29
Great post Tail Rota . Anybody departing EK for 'nefarious' reasons should have no problem finding gainful employment - there are loads of jobs on A330s etc.
I knew TCAS would screw things up for EK , he was soooooooooo popular in BA too , luckily he did not bring his sidekick the Prince Of Darkness with him methinks. Although , if he had , things would have come to a head by now , perhaps a good thing . BALPA kept these fellows in check somewhat.
Keep up the good fight guys - makes entertaining reading and pprune is not off the air here !!

cosmodrift
28th Jun 2009, 14:36
Posted by h3dxb
We hire only the best?? BS^10
The best will not come for the current offer, and the few best are left, will run as soon the wheel is once more turning.
Never saw before , so much fear, incompetence, mismanagment and CYA like here. Will never ever listen again to a slogan: we hire the best!!!!!!!!!
You mixed up things real bad, man. The poolies have been screened more than one year ago and we should be happy about any help we can get to share the load we've been carrying. This statement of yours is all about prejudice, since you have no idea who are the guys coming or their reasons to come.:=
You want respect, how about showing some?
You may even second guess their decision to come, but not their competence.
BTW, the few called now were not selected from their little selection group like you or me, but among all approved groups, regardless of selection date. Company scored them by general selection performance, English level for non native speakers, background and date of last flight.

And more: The standards for the selection never been lowered and additionally, since there are lots of pilots for few spots, they also set a top number for BMI(Body Mass Index) and waist circumference. How about that.

Welcome on board new joiners.:D

Oh, yes: Stress level at 4, I think.

puff m'call
28th Jun 2009, 16:22
It works you know, just dial 2 and you get instant stress relief. :)

After 30 sec I even stopped feeling guilty about who was going to do my flight, who even cares any more? not me coz I've given up.

I don't answer my company calls, i don't reply to company calls. Don't ever say yes and always have a beers ready in hand, oops sorry can't fly, I've just had a beer. Good bye screwing!!!! :yuk:

Jet II
28th Jun 2009, 18:11
Emirates sounds like a great place!!!!:ok:

Yes - it's like every other airline in the world.;)

You should have heard the comments when they took the Cheeseboard away at BA....:eek:

kingoftheslipstream
28th Jun 2009, 23:13
Weeeell... stress is one a those pretty subjective 'n idiosyncratic things... I reckon mine's 'bout a 7. Some day's r better than others...

happy contrails ladies 'n gents :)

k-o-t-s

nolimitholdem
28th Jun 2009, 23:30
tail-rota great post man! You have it exactly right...in the end there are only pussies who fly desks, who go home to bed every day at 3:30 or whatever...and WISH they had the balls to do the job...they whinge and write memos and FCI's and pretend they have power...but in the end they are eunuchs, scurrying to protect their jobs...I laugh harder every day! The shrill admonitions, the stern emails...surely they are in jest? I dread the management meeting, how is one supposed to keep a straight face? And hell if I will wear the uniform, I only wear that when paid...

I came for the money, I came for the lies...now I stay solely for the entertainment value...what on EARTH will they do next in inept, classic keystone cops fashion? There isn't much left to take away except *gasp* the job itself, my my what a shame that would be...to be forced to leave the paradise of Dubai and return to a real country?...it is all pretty hilarious...I try to explain to those not here what it's like but it's hopeless, you couldn't make it up if you tried...

I DO feel a tad sorry for the Talking Horse...I mean it MUST be uncomfortable being a sock puppet with Redha's hand up your ass...

Peace out to my fellow lions! :ok:

Marooned
29th Jun 2009, 09:05
not one policy change that has been implemented after the so called Melbourne incident has affected me in anyway

Perhaps not after Melbourne but you are more productive and have lost over 15% of your pay!

PorkKnuckle
29th Jun 2009, 15:52
the biggest laugh of all ..........not one policy change that has been implemented after the so called Melbourne incident has affected me in anyway

Marooned..... 18% - don't forget your 3% increment they promised you at the interview but then later lied and pretended they never said that. Maybe TR flies for love...

Marooned
30th Jun 2009, 07:36
Yep, stand corrected: 18%.

I just don't see the funny side of seeing my colleagues losing upgrade opportunities, working 90+ hour months for less money & having my life ruled by a bunch of second rate, spineless sycophants.

If we were real lions we'd find a way of biting back.

FcU
30th Jun 2009, 07:44
Stop Overdoing Your Strengths - HBR.org (http://hbr.harvardbusiness.org/2009/02/stop-overdoing-your-strengths/ar/1)
Interesting article in the Harvard Business Review pertaining to leadership styles. For EK management reading this you may want to reconsider your statement that low morale does not affect productivity...but then again its just Harvard educated business leaders saying this.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

7x7
30th Jun 2009, 23:44
If we were real lions we'd find a way of biting back.Miaow? Miaow...?

ekpilot
1st Jul 2009, 08:44
A Massive 10+++

It all started with the arrival of That C$nt Alan Stealey and his cronies. The guy is as popular in Emirates as a pork sausage at a Bahmitzvah! Oops, sorry, I meant in a mosque...

but then again its just Harvard educated business leaders saying this :ok:

And what Business School qualifications do any of our managers have? I'd love to see their (real) CVs!

kiwi
1st Jul 2009, 13:24
It actually started under TCK, TCAS has refined the process to an artform.
TCK started all this when he tried to set up AAR but it all backfired on him and consequently on us as well!!

Jibba Jabba
2nd Jul 2009, 22:57
Posted on Prune elsewhere
The dark side of Dubai - Johann Hari, Commentators - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html)

It's no wonder you guys are stressed.

Jet II
3rd Jul 2009, 11:49
jibba - old news and has been done to death several times.

Oh and dont believe everything you read in the papers :ok:

h3dxb
3rd Jul 2009, 13:11
Gents,

what Do you exspect from a company, which wanna get rid of their employees ?

Couple month ago, they changed the shifts in NCC, from comfortable 4on/4off to 6on/2off and pissed off they whole middle management , who runs the daily business. The new FCI for U guys, was in a more childish form , also sent to NCC. They are also now really relaxed.

And Cosmodrift:
U have my full respect, like everyone who runs the daily work.

But why they hire only morons in the managment ??

No raise no bonus. Prices up everywhere. Time to go.

My stressfactor is 0.
I don't even think about the BS-company. They dig their own hole.

Keep discovering:yuk:

Whygaf
4th Jul 2009, 13:56
H3DXB was talking about experience requirements for Maintenance Engineers not flt crew. The experience requirement has come down from Engineers having 10 years signing with at least 2 types EK operate to 5 years and no types, i.e 5 years signing on an aircraft EK dont fly. This has occured over last 3 years. Number of Europeans, Aussies, Kiwis, North Americans who have arrived has probably been matched by the number who have left, replaced by people with less experience from countries with less stringent licensing and training requirements. You guys see the logs and the people each day on line so you would be better judges on whether the service has improved or is worse. Frankly eng. management appear similar to Flt ops management, MEL DD's hit new heights recently and the Teddy went out the cot big time, answer, we are not working hard enough or smart enough!! I would like to offer that more aircraft, less engineers, less mechanics = more MEL DD's. Or 7 or 8 daily check aircraft per 12 hour shift at 1 1/2 hours per daily = no time to work MEL DD's/ questionable whether enough time for daily checks? This is up from 4-5 aircraft per engineer less than 2 years ago. Avionics engineers are allocated anywhere between 13 and 18 aircraft so please don't be surprised if you cant get an electrician at the last minute, it's a big airport!!:ugh:

NoJoke
4th Jul 2009, 14:11
Greenies - always making excuses:} Joking a little. Whygaf You are totally right, the corners are being cut all over the place. I work just up the road and we have an abundance of the wobbly ones. :8 I, for one care; thats why I do gaf. Good luck :ouch:

nolimitholdem
5th Jul 2009, 08:01
One good thing about the internet is that it allows communication that previously would be impossible...

To our maintenance brethren I do hope they realize that the flight deck do very much appreciate them and realize they are under the same bunch of tyrants we are, squeezing them for more productivity...

I think the only reason EK gets away with their present maintenance practices (referring to the skimpy rostering, etc) is due to the young age of their fleet. The problem will rise exponentially as the fleet grows and ages at the same time. If they continue to cut resources when they should be expanding them to match, the writing is on the wall. It ain't rocket science...

superman_32
6th Jul 2009, 08:18
Unfortunetly the above table is not giving me the full picture as everyone who is anyone can just select an option hence the data is not substanial evidence to what is actually happeneing. Why not put a password or something applicable only to EK staff that would be better presentation.As with every thing else in life stress is part of the equation, you can not rule it out.
While most of you guys in EK are wining just think of the others who are sitting at home with loads of debts on their head. How really stressful can it be for them. So thank your God or your lucky stars for what you have got.

Jibba Jabba
6th Jul 2009, 09:00
Hi Jet II

"jibba - old news and has been done to death several times.

Oh and dont believe everything you read in the papers" http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Oh well..don't believe eveything you read in PPrune either but where there's smoke there's usually fire :suspect:

Quit your Jibba Jabba!

Edforce1
6th Jul 2009, 10:00
Unfortunetly the above table is not giving me the full picture as everyone who is anyone can just select an option hence the data is not substanial evidence to what is actually happeneing. Why not put a password or something applicable only to EK staff that would be better presentation.As with every thing else in life stress is part of the equation, you can not rule it out.
While most of you guys in EK are wining just think of the others who are sitting at home with loads of debts on their head. How really stressful can it be for them. So thank your God or your lucky stars for what you have got.Thanks Superman_32 ! I know the feeling ! Have been unemployed for the last 5 months... The scary part is the lack of opportunity out there ! Presume that somebody from the Biz Development side or Commercial can post in this thread as well !

My apologies if I am off-limits !

Take Care !

AVIATOR757
6th Jul 2009, 19:17
Our hearts and best wishes go all the way for you guys. At Ek most of us have been in your situation many times and we know where you all are coming
from.
This poll was for EK guys only as it states before you vote. There is absolutely no need for passwords if you can read simple english.

Stress is part of daily life and we have no problems dealing with it. This thread is dealing with STRESS AT EK and not personal stress. Kupish.
Most guys in Dubai are under more financial stress than you guys can ever concieve because of the financial downturn and the fictitious dubai economy

Jet II
7th Jul 2009, 06:51
Most guys in Dubai are under more financial stress than you guys can ever concieve because of the financial downturn and the fictitious dubai economy

They are? :confused:

Given that EK provide housing, utilities (yes I know it doesn't cover the swimming pool heating now), transport, first class medical, private school fees etc.

I dont quite see where all this financial stress comes from.

Instant Hooligan
7th Jul 2009, 19:51
Jet II,
Just to get things straight by housing you mean accomodation different to what was promised in the interview, also by utilities you mean a cap different to what was written into the non existent contract,
So next time I need a ride to the supermarket I can call EK transport for a lift, as opposed to just getting a ride to/from the airport for duty as per the UAE labour law.
When you say First class medical I assume you mean just the GCAA term of first class medical because where I came from this is far from first class medical coverage! Finally the last time I checked back home I didn't need to pay school fees to have reasonable education for my child.
Yeah yeah i dont pay income tax but the indirect taxes here are getting pretty close to the sh!te i had to pay back home so what am I really getting for my AED?
IH

Jet II
8th Jul 2009, 06:15
IH - yes we can all whinge about life - but where's the financial stress?

I know guys back in Europe who have had pay cuts and are reduced time who at the end of the month have mortgage bills dropping on the mat, ever increasing utility bills, bills for running 2 cars as they have to get themselves to work, bills for private medical as the NHS is so crap, schools fee's as they dont want to send their kids to the local comp - and all this out of earnings that are taxed at over 50%

Now that is financial stress.

AVIATOR757
8th Jul 2009, 13:27
It's not worth my while to comment on your querry about financial stress.You sound like a BA engineer who wants to hangout with the cool dudes.So there:ugh:
Just remember guys here at EK have already jumped the european/american or where ever hoops before they end up here, and have already gone through the growing pains that you mention in your post.:ouch:

Jet II
10th Jul 2009, 17:19
AVIATOR - just a hint - if you need to tell everyone you are cool........;)

Farknose
11th Jul 2009, 09:25
Times are tough and desperate times call for desperate measures.
Perhaps it's time Ek gets more serious with it's cost cutting.
Instead of p1ssing everyone off by pinching pennies and keeping it's staff in jobs maybe it's time for retrenchments.
Win win for all, especially all those moaners on PP who can't seem to locate their berries and make a decision for themselves. Better still, start of with voluntary retrenchments, all the whiners not happy can grow a set and bugger off and everyone else willing to carry on during the current tough times can do so minus all the girlie shrieks.

AVIATOR757
11th Jul 2009, 11:23
Hey F@cknose or whatever you fancy calling yourself.
Nice suggestion, except you are missing the point that this thread is not about leaving or staying. It is an opinion poll. Out of 2000 pilots over 500 girlies voted as per your defination. Maybe it is a girlie airline and you dont belong here.So p1ss off.:=::ugh:

ExpatDubai2001
11th Jul 2009, 11:25
Farknose seems to have more grasp of current economic reality than most. If u disagree... send your CV to BA and wait for a reply !!!! (or AA or UA or LH or DL or VS or QF.... the list goes on and on).

The sandpit may not be good at the moment but it is better than some........

Farknose
11th Jul 2009, 12:31
I realise it's an opinion poll, I cast my vote. Mind you had trouble finding the No 1 option.
The rest was just a little advise on how some at EK can deal with their EK induced stress levels :ugh:bugger off elsewhere.
Poor little petals...now tuck your blouse back into your skirt and warm up that larynx.

AVIATOR757
11th Jul 2009, 13:53
F@ck nose,
A score of one was reseved for f@g's from mexioco only. It was zero for me and I was only trying to get a eun#ch cheesed off.:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:
Seems to have worked pretty well.:8

ekpilot
11th Jul 2009, 18:49
It's been proven, those who think they are good are usually below average. Those who are not stressed in this company have obviously no clue. Same rule as above. Studies show that the first sign of a stressed person is one that denies been stressed. Been around long enough to spot that we are in a very stressful environment. Just read the tone of the last company weekly report about the logbook note...

Keep Discovering:ok:

White Knight
14th Jul 2009, 06:49
I think you've been reading too much pscychobabble ekpilot... If YOU are getting stressed over memos about logbooks then I suggest you seek help:{

NoJoke
14th Jul 2009, 21:39
I agree with the ekpilot. I know the best thing I can do is to push/pull. However; to push/pull in the correct direction is the skill.

ekpilot
15th Jul 2009, 12:41
By your response i can really sense that you are obviously not stressed and very open minded. Your tolerance and patience to other's opinion is remarkable. I should seek help from you maybe. With your great experience and knowledge spending so much time on this forum with over a 1000 posts shows me that you must have a very interesting life experience outside the virtual life of pprune. You must know better then many about seeking help I'm convinced. :p

Read my post again, i talked about the tone of the note... NOT the note itself. But then again why do i bother :rolleyes:

Keep Discovering:ok:

White Knight
16th Jul 2009, 11:23
ekpilot - obviously maths isn't your thing amigo. 1091 posts in NINE years is hardly overkill. 0.33 posts per day in fact and certainly not all on ME forum:D

Consider the tone about the techlog - obviously it gets frustrating reminding people again again about the same thing, especially when you're not using your native language so yes, I guess I'm tolerant of that... Really - why let it bother you??

Just relax man - have a jam sandwich:cool:

Pixy
18th Jul 2009, 02:38
Was not too stressed before. But rosters getting harder and harder.

Not so much the hours but the way the rosters are put together. Back home at 2 in the morning, up the following day at 05:00. Repeatedly.

Its killing me. Serious sleep problems and continually tired. Go figure.

EGGW
19th Jul 2009, 09:23
Ok I am going to close this thread/Poll, as its served its time/usefulness. Make your own conclusions, based on the fact that ANY Ppruner can vote!!!!!!

EGGW.

Closed