PDA

View Full Version : A320 Thrust Lever Positioning after landing

Flyman35
22nd Jun 2009, 16:56
After using the reverse thrust I think I should bring the thrust levers to the idle reverse position then to the forward idle now I see many people pushing a little forward the idle to stow the small knobs of the reverser automatically as they will do so when you move the thrust levers just above the forward idle. , is it the recommended way or should I leave the thrust lever in the forward idle position and then retract the small two knobs of the reverser with my hand is there any reference or reason?

OPEN DES
22nd Jun 2009, 18:10
It's the same. They are mechanically interconnected.

Remember you can have idle reverse down to taxi-speed/before leaving the RWY..... Or down to 25kt GS in case of snow covered RWY/TWY.

Flyman35
22nd Jun 2009, 20:52
alright then.

toby320
22nd Jun 2009, 23:43
just remember the reason to mantain idle reverse until taxi speed...is better to keep reverse power ready in case of braking fail

Tail-take-off
23rd Jun 2009, 11:00
just remember the reason to mantain idle reverse until taxi speed...is better to keep reverse power ready in case of braking fail

Correct. Plus even at idle you are still getting some reverse thrust kepping brake temperatures to a minimum.

Minimum speed for max reverse is 70kts (hence the call during landing roll). I would recommend a smooth reduction from max rev to reach idle by 25kts (assuming your sop is to use max reverse). After that whether you gently slide the TLs into forward idle or snatch them forward beyond idle make little differance to the engines as the FADEC will not give you any engine acceleration unti the reversers have sequenced.