PDA

View Full Version : "Managing expectations ....." NATS + BA

PH-UKU
21st Jun 2009, 21:25
Sooty says ....

Remember how NATS (secretly) used the 'managing Union expectations' line during the pension debate propaganda push? :hmm:

Remember how NATS spun the 'end of the world is nigh' line to scare the workforce into voting away their terms and conditions? :hmm:

Notice how the recent NATS Pulse magazine carries an article with the CE of BMI, warning of doom and gloom and eternal damnation, and telling us all that anyone who expects a payrise is mad? Shameless propaganda? Never. :hmm:

Perhaps Paul Barron and Willie Walsh are closer than we realise and also have the same script writer.. (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article6543863.ece) :yuk:

Pity BAW hadn't been fined £260m for illegal practises ..... :=

mr.777
22nd Jun 2009, 14:35
Notice how the recent NATS Pulse magazine carries an article with the CE of BMI, warning of doom and gloom and eternal damnation, and telling us all that anyone who expects a payrise is mad? Shameless propaganda? Never.

I read that article in Pulse...made me want to puke afterwards:yuk: "Paul Barron you are the saviour of British aviation etc etc etc"...whatever. As for commenting on our payrise, you work for BMI...in an office...you don't even wear a headset (and by that I mean you're not even a pilot)...what has that got to do with NATS employees pay and conditions? You should be happy you got £43million and stop whining.

privatesandwiches
22nd Jun 2009, 14:50
Do you see ATCO's or even NATS moaning about what pilots do or do not get paid? NO, so why should they care about what we get paid?
I would be more worried about the amount of millions NATS wastes on utter ****e. ATCO payroll however high it is or isnt cannot effect the airlines that badly!
Personally, i dont give a monkeys what pilots get paid, im not one and dont work for an airline so who cares?
Most likely another NATS propaganda spin to paint ATCO's badly and its all our greedy little fault that the world is going to end.... yeah right!

hold at SATAN
22nd Jun 2009, 16:58
Isn't the BMI fella also a member of the NATS board?

A company run by it's customers. What genius thought of that? Whoop-f***ing-doo :ok:

roidster
22nd Jun 2009, 19:45
the bloke from BMI also said that Nats had been failing his airline for years, so they bought us to try to change us.

Sounds a bit arrogant to me and I'd like to know how I and my fellow controllers personally failed him and his precious airline when we were separating his planes over those years.

Just to get this straight, he is on the Nats board, which decided to pay a dividend to his company. Conflict of interest anyone?

45 before POL
22nd Jun 2009, 19:54
"Baby14L, you're no.8 after the ryr, aca ,coa, aza, dlh,dhl,ice,afr..........make that no.9 after the pa31":E:E:E:E:E:E

ZOOKER
22nd Jun 2009, 20:08
Mr Turner has obviously forgotten about the services NATS provided to his company aircraft in distress.

eastern wiseguy
22nd Jun 2009, 20:30
Seriously though....what was his complaint?

arrffaa
23rd Jun 2009, 07:29
i actually take offence at mr. turner's comments. i spent 10 years at heathrow taking extremely good care of his aircraft, flight crew and passengers. no one was killed, no damage was done, so how exactly did i fail him? i bent over backwards to keep delays to a minimum, both inbound and outbound, so how exactly did i fail him?
i tell you what,he is failing me!:mad:

45 before POL
23rd Jun 2009, 09:50
Guess the whole dig at pay rises is as part of the board, trying to make out you've done well (more spin) be grateful for what you got.
If the company continues to grind down its employees like this, at some point they will bite the hand that feeds it. Treat your employees with the respect they deserve and part of that is pay, pensions, T&C. Guess at the moment they've got No respect for their staff.:*

alfaman
23rd Jun 2009, 09:59
Zooker said "Mr Turner has obviously forgotten about the services NATS provided to his company aircraft in distress."

A good point, worth unblocking for all those, including me, who would normally file Z words in the bin...

mr.777
23rd Jun 2009, 10:37
I think the Union should respond to the article...an expression of "exasperation" ought to do the trick.:}

11K-AVML
23rd Jun 2009, 22:02
I met Mr Turner some time ago (not through NATS)....when I mentioned I worked for NATS he explained to his partner NATS was "one of his"...that he took through Privitisation.

Back then I thought he was being arrogant.

VectorLine
24th Jun 2009, 14:32
Folks, calm down.

Note that he said 'NATS' had failed his airline, not the ATCOs.

He probably means the company not providing enough staff, having crap technology and bonkers sector design. The airlines take separation and support in emergency as a given; it's staff/NAS related delays and sector capacity flight capping that pisses them off.

Of course, high route charges don't help either but that's not all down to our nice big salaries.

VL