PDA

View Full Version : Assessment for Previous Competence

BNCT
21st Jun 2009, 09:02
Does anyone have any experience of taking an Assessment for Previous Competence in aerodrome or procedural approach control? If so I was curious to know what level/mix of traffic to expect. Also does the APC just assess practical skills or is there an oral board style test as well? Thanks.

goatface
21st Jun 2009, 16:24
Don't rely on this forum, get in touch with ASTAC at Gloucester and BAe at Cwmbran, they'll tell what you need to know and how much it will cost.:hmm:

diplomat-not
22nd Jun 2009, 12:43
Depends which unit you apply with. Perhaps different units have different criteria & certain level of traffic background (especially how busy the unit you worked in the past)...

Good Luck if you are in for one...

alfaman
22nd Jun 2009, 17:27
Assuming you're in the UK: you may also wish to contact NATS T&S at Hurn, in which case the ADI APC involves a written, practical & oral board examination. As far as I'm aware, your previous experience is of no interest; the APC is required to determine your current standard based on a rating you already have, set against the present rating requirement. The assessment will determine what, if any, further training you require to meet that standard. Previously, some units have had authority to conduct such assessments themselves; I am not aware of any airports units that still do, as it requires staff & equipement to perform, & takes about four working days of tests, & simulator exposure: few, if any, have the resource to manage it. NATS don't offer an APP APC, as far as I know, just ADI, Area & APS.