PDA

View Full Version : Slim fitting Pilot shirts

jono1978
15th Jun 2009, 16:33
Hi All,

I need to buy a few short sleeved pilot shirts. I have ordered some from the regular online shops, transair, flightstore etc but I've had to send them back due to being so huge.

The collar size is correct but the shirt itself is far too big and looks silly!

Does anyone know of any suppliers in the UK which stock slimmer fitting shirts? Most that I have looked at seem to be a standard size.

Thanks in advance

John

Akrapovic
15th Jun 2009, 16:37
Don't worry - you'll grow into it . . . .

Runaway Gun
15th Jun 2009, 17:03
Pull ya neck in....

Seriously though, can you get a tailor to take the shirts in a bit?

jono1978
15th Jun 2009, 17:07
I suppose, was just wondering if there were some off the shelf shirts I could buy

parabellum
15th Jun 2009, 23:36
Better to have the 'large' ones taken in then, when you expand, due improved conditions, age, meals etc. you just need to let them out again to original size!:ok:

411A
16th Jun 2009, 01:37
I suppose, was just wondering if there were some off the shelf shirts I could buy

Order online from Tarpy Tailors (http://www.tarpytailors.com/)

Ask for Aviator Van Husen shirts.

Been using these fine folks since 1968...and still do.
And yes, I'm their oldest customer.

jono1978
16th Jun 2009, 16:14
Thanks for the reply. I did look at that brand of shirt but I don't think they're available in the UK. It seems there are many options in the USA but not here, anyone else got any UK based leads?

Thanks

John

Baldur
25th Jun 2009, 12:12
Van Heusen brand IS available in UK - try google it....

Reserve4life
25th Jun 2009, 18:10
Try Pilot Uniforms - Pilot Shirts - For professional men and women (http://www.acutaboveuniforms.com) There are 3 fit levels included a very fitted version and shipping is available to the UK

G-man
26th Jun 2009, 01:39
Pilotshirts.com has tapered short/long sleeve shirts in two different weights. They are a US company and I am sure they ship to the UK. Good luck.
G-man

RAPA Pilot
26th Jun 2009, 09:12
Landerwood Pilot Shirts (http://www.landerwoodshirts.com/)
These are quite frankly the finest quality pilots shirts I've ever come across. You phone them up with a measuring tape in hand and the man that owns the company will measure you over the phone. You choose the style from their website. The material is exceptional and I have been using them for 8 years buying 6 shirts every 2 years to look my absolute best.
I know they are in the US but they will ship them to you and you wont be dissapointed.
Good luck.

Superpilot
26th Jun 2009, 09:55
Matalan 'Pilot Shirt'

They are short sleeved and very sleek. Only £5 in the sale. Can't go wrong.

They also come in Paramedic Green. Which I bought and only wore once because everyone was taking the mick :(

jono1978
26th Jun 2009, 17:28
Cheers! Just managed to get one from Matalan, not bad for a fiver! Only had one in small though, fits pretty well!
Thanks again