PDA

View Full Version : BaE Systems College, Cwmbran

TatcClassOf09
15th Jun 2009, 16:31
Hey everyone

Just wondering what people's opinions where on the college's ADI course??

Also, does anyone know of any UK airports looking to recruit self funded TATC from college for validation?

Thanks in advance guys :ok:

Barnaby the Bear
17th Jun 2009, 22:08
BAE CWMBRAN - CAA regulated course. If you get through you will have the same Student ATCO licence as anybody else from a CAA approved course.

As for looking for jobs. It better to write to the unit/s you want to work at. Its difficult out there at the moment anyway (especially with un-validated ADC), but the fear is someone coming to 'just' validate and leaving afterwards with a valid ticket and going to the place they wanted to go in the first place, the moment a vacancy arises.

Forget anyone allowing you to validate without actually employing you. This is being discussed on another thread, and insurance prevents this is most if not all cases.

The colleges quite often hear of who maybe looking at any particular time.

Good luck. Its a long road, and as a self funder a financially risky one. I assume you have tried NATS?

TatcClassOf09
18th Jun 2009, 14:51
I did indeed try NATS

was doing area course but failed summatives for basic

wasnt offered a re-course as a "business decision"....credit crunch stamped all over it! especially since it was in the middle of all the pensions pulava!

do you reckon there will be difficulties finding employment after finishing the course? I wouldnt have any problem signing a contract with a unit for a minimum term of service (e.g. 5 years).

Also, would I be required to validate in the UK before I could apply abroad or would that be an option if I couldnt find employment here??

Cheers :ok: