PDA

View Full Version : help brake cooling

TailWind81
15th Jun 2009, 12:17
İ have one question About airbus 321 ..we were preparing for take off and outside temp 44 celcius and tow 83t elevation 2000ft suddenly some indications came ecam and when we've decided rto at 166kt and also our v1 was 166kt.when we did we covered that it was false indication.question is how many minutes or hours needs to depart again ?

king regards ..

Bealzebub
15th Jun 2009, 14:13
You rejected at V1 for some ECAM indications? I think I must be misunderstanding something you are saying! What indications were they, engine failure?

As for brake cooling schedules after a rejected take off, do you not have this in your manufacturers supplied performance tables?

Lafyar Cokov
15th Jun 2009, 20:46
I think the big problem here is that Microsoft Flight Simulator doesn't provide the performance tables....................

FlyUK
16th Jun 2009, 11:18
If you reject from 166kts you will not be using the aircraft again that day as you will have burst all 4 main wheels and most probably damaged the axle assembly from the heat. Depending on the weight of the aircraft I would assume temps in excess of 700 degrees which will blow the fuse plugs....The only things ecam will show you at that sort of speed are fairly major emergencies. Everything else is inhibited to 1500ft. :oh:

Reimers
16th Jun 2009, 15:08
TailWind81
Probationary PPRuNer

Enthusiasts, please use the 'Spectators Balcony' forum.