PDA

View Full Version : Digital Mapping - Dimap

PennyBenjamin
13th Jun 2009, 08:38
Does anyone know what these photo survey guys are up to? the latest rumours are that they are close to bankrupt because they can't get a photo aircraft for hire, apparantly bills not paid are catching up with them. any news??

havick
13th Jun 2009, 12:36
Is that the same mob that did the dodge with hiring helicopters in Tassie and then not paying up because they reckon they reckon that their data wasn;t accurate enough?

heard this info third hand.. not sure if it's the same company

PennyBenjamin
13th Jun 2009, 13:09
operators all over Australia with the same story, blaming bad data and then not paying flying bills. They have just been sued in Vic for the same deal and they lost big time, if they have done it to you or your company, you have to sue them to get the money back. No one learns in this industry, people keep taking on their business and getting burned. Three court cases pending against them that I know of.

The GA industry needs to stick together on matters such as this, bad customers need to be punished with no aircraft to fly in. Germans apparently. Be very carefull.

Horatio Leafblower
13th Jun 2009, 23:34
Pretty disappointing for the legit operators - we have lost a couple of tenders to dodgy bros (not the end of the earth... just disappointing).

Is there some sort of smack fairy for non-payers? They seem to get away with it a lot in Aviation.

Had the same experience when I was in CHTR and the other operator down the road was undercutting everyone (and not paying bills). When the creditors finally wound him up the comment on here was that "he was victim to opportunistic LAMEs"! :rolleyes: :ugh:

Murray Cod
14th Jun 2009, 03:21
All second hand info but , I heard a similar story about these guys.
There product is poor and they don't pay their bills.
If the data's crap , it's the fault of Dimap , not the aircraft operator, unless the pilot can't fly survey.
I believe they wait until threated with court action and offer 50% of the money owed.
Worked for a while.
MC

PennyBenjamin
14th Jun 2009, 12:12
Thanks for the PM's. Looks like they can't get anyone to fly for them now, maybe we as an industry have learned. According to the Vic Magistrates cout and county court there are seven actions against them in Vic alone..

Contractor BEWARE!!

PennyBenjamin
15th Jun 2009, 21:45
keep the PM's coming, very interesting

NOSIGN
16th Jun 2009, 02:33
It is malicious and innapropriate to discredit a company based on rumour.

There are two sides to this story.

I flew a few contracts for DIMAP over a few months. Their products met industry standards, management was professional and compassionate and the company was generally well organised.

I would not hesitate to fly for them again, nor would I hesitate to consider buying survey data from them.

I have a related degree, and several years flight and ground survey experience.

It's a dog eat dog world out there.

PennyBenjamin
16th Jun 2009, 02:57
Interesting reply NOSIGN. It is people like you who have allowed these dodg operators to keep flying whilst carrying such bad debt. If you think that telling the industry of these criminals is a 'malicious and innapropriate' discrace to the GA industry.

Let me guess, you scabbed out and flew for them whilst other bad debts went unpaid. You are just as bad as them. Take a good hard look in the mirror whilst you scab out to these guys a number of people have foreclosed on home loans and can't feed their kids.

Sounds like you really like these guys. Their products infact don't met industry standards. They have recently lost a lot of work for faking images on photoshop and using old tiles to substitute bad ones. Another way they are able to undercut the industry. Management was professional you say, and compassionate....please. Judging by the dozens of PMs I doubt your views are common in the industry.

You would not hesitate to fly for them again? Well once a scab always a scab. Nor would I hesitate to consider buying survey data from them? Are you a pilot or what?? Their data is rubbish and you know it.

It's a dog eat dog world out there, and you are a dog.

NOSIGN
16th Jun 2009, 03:03
you're a fu&^%*g idiot!

I was payed for my work and their products were as stated.

Murray Cod
16th Jun 2009, 03:23
They didn't pay their bills , I think they owe one aircraft owner about $150k.
Didn't they own a Vexel? If the liquidator's wants to sell/rent it , i'll run it and make some cash (and pay my creditors).
Also it's not malicious. it is a rumour network.
MC

NOSIGN
16th Jun 2009, 03:50
That may be fair enough Murray Cod, I described my PAST (2006/2007) experience with DIMAP in my post. I do not like or dislike DIMAP.

What do Germans and bad data etc have anything to do with signing aircraft lease contracts? Sections of Principle Penny Benjamin's posts were innapropriate, however if several contracts are not being honoured then yes, contractors beware! :ugh:

PennyBenjamin
17th Jun 2009, 00:19
NOSIGN judging by you past post you have infact indicated that you like Dimap, and that is fine, they may have paid your bills. What do Germans and bad data etc have anything to do with signing aircraft lease contracts? Well, let me tell you my learnered pilot. They don't pay bills based on bad data.....thats right..they are blaming the aircraft operators for bad data. Not just one bad pilot if that is the way you want to go with this. Three helo operators have lost tens of thousands and seven piston operators, that I know of, blaming bad data. Anyone who knows anything about survey knows that you would pick up bad flying whilst one the line, not when it's time to pay the bill.

I have not said anything innapropriate but i appreciate the insult, it gives me an insight into who I am dealing with. Contracts are not only being dishonored, but ignored. In order to enforce them, some companies have had to spend over $100,000 on legals. And yes, the owner is German, this gives him a uniqe legal standpoint, in that he can threaten to send the company under if you don't accept an offer of 40-50% of monies owed.
This is because the money had gone back to Germany.

That is not to mention the conflict of interest having one of the directors of this company as a local councilor in Perth who use Dimap for their mapping services.

Still want to stand up for the criminals NOSIGN?

Rickybobby22
18th Jun 2009, 02:36
I'm new user to this site, but got a call the other day telling me that the guys who ripped me off were being slagged off on a website, so i joined up. Here is my story. I was a pilot flying for these guys through a contractor. That contractor didn't get paid by Dimap, and they were the guys working with me on the job in norther WA. We couldn't pay for fuel or accommodation because the contactor had no money, due to Dimap not paying the bills. I could not even eat for a few days and had to survive on the charity of the local pilots, thanks guys you know who you are. Dimap said they were 'positioning for a better deal', I later realised this was Blackmail of the contractor. I lost my job, the contractor went broke, and another contractor took over on 'a better deal'. The pilot rolled in from Sydney on the same jet I left on, had to even pay for my flight home. That pilot knows who he is too, typical GA lack of loyalty. I was amazed when I heard that these guys were still operating. This industry never ceases to amaze me.

NOSIGN
18th Jun 2009, 12:10
RickyBobby that's dissapointing - you certainly got a raw deal. Hope you're flying with better operators now. :ok:

PennyBenjamin
20th Jun 2009, 00:04
Sorry to hear the news Rickbobby, that seems to be the typical story with these guys, did they promise money and then not deliver?

Rickybobby22
21st Jun 2009, 08:13
yeah, they make all the promises in the world, and then not only don't deliver but they left me high and dry - big time. I am attempting to get some money back through legal action, but we will wait and see. Very sad to hear people in GA sticking up for these guys.

PennyBenjamin
20th Jul 2009, 01:14
Just got word that there will shortly be a court order to wind up the company - Dimap. IT looks like these crooks are finally being brought back down to the ground.

The sheriffs are on their way this week to seize assets, so if they owe you money, like they do to many in the GA industry, get a lawyer ASAP.

JUSTICE SERVED COLD - BY THE SHERIFF

Rickybobby22
21st Jul 2009, 01:48
Is there any money left in them? They have outstanding bills of over 100k from a Sydney based mob apparently..

StandardUserName
21st Jul 2009, 08:14
Seems to me that you guys dont really know what you're talking about.

I heard that DiMap is still operating just fine and these rumours are nothing more than just malicious ramblings...

If there's any rumour about that Sydney mob, word on the grapevine is they got paid and the amount was about half of what you quoted.

- 100k? :hmm: Exaggerting much?

If i were you i'd be worrying more about them finding out how you've slandered their company reputation all over the web and start thinking about what to do and about a lawyer to represent you when they sue you for it.... maybe then (if they do owe anyone money) they'll get it from you? :=

Hrmm maybe someone might forward this url to their MD just to get the ball rolling? :E

*sigh*

Still, i'd be interested in hearing some proof (if you have any) to your rumours and in fact i know a guy who's recently had dealings with DiMap and says they're great.

SIUYA
21st Jul 2009, 08:42
StandardUserName.........

I heard that DiMap is still operating just fine and these rumours are nothing more than just malicious ramblings...

SUN, we all know that this is a RUMOUR NETWORK, but you'll have to do better than that on your first post I'm afraid.

Who did you hear that from, and where did you hear it? Insider information perhaps? :rolleyes:

i know a guy who's recently had dealings with DiMap and says they're great.

Some advice for you before you next decide to post SUN.........your opinions should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it! :ugh:

StandardUserName
21st Jul 2009, 12:11
SUN? do i look like a gaseus ball of fire to you? *shrugs* Oh wait.. i get it, you're trying to be funny! .... Fail.:D

Perhaps your failings to actually type with a factual reply rather than a poorly constructed flame to someone you dont even know show that your own reply might have benfitted from some thought before posting.

Either way you dont know me, the least you can do is be curteous.... and yes so what if it's insider info. My comments are factual and true so why dont you go off and have a cry before you decide to randomly flame people for presenting their opinion for open discussion.

It's useless tools like you who ruin the industry commenting on things you obviously know nothing about.....

why dont you go away and learn the english language before you post again... better yet... just go have a cry into your pillow - IDGAF.

:D

bubbye.

SIUYA
21st Jul 2009, 22:12
StandardUserName......

I've disregarded most of what you wrote, because it really doesn't say anything, and it doesn't answer the questions that I previously asked:

Who did you hear that from, and where did you hear it?

If you've got proof and facts, then answer the questions. It's that simple!

You chose to 'blast in' with your first post on PPRuNe and take a swipe at another poster who has obviously had first-hand experience with this outfit, and a bad experience too, by the sounds of things. The same poster also commented in a subsequent post about the apparent amount owed by the company.

You also made allegations of slander 'all over the web', the need for the offender(s) to get legal representation for when the company sues them, and that:

maybe someone might forward this url to their MD just to get the ball rolling? :E

Do you seriously believe StandardUserName that as a result of nonsense like that, someone's not going to respond and tell you to put-up or shut-up? As stated earlier, if you've got proof and facts, then answer the questions.

Either way you dont know me, the least you can do is be curteous [sic]......
Great demonstration of the English language StandardUserName.....NOT! :ugh:

But I'll tell you one thing, sonny, you don't know me either, so the very least that you can do is to also be courteous, rather than making ill-considered and intemperate posts like your last one, and also in the vitriolic PM that you sent to me, that was then followed by a totally childish second PM.

StandardUserName
21st Jul 2009, 22:50
I have personally dealt with DiMap, i've found them to be friendly and reasonably well organised. They paid their bills and that's all i honestly care about.

However the last person to indicate a 'good' dealing with DiMap was flamed for saying so!

Can you blame me for not wanting to say i've had business dealigns with DiMap for fear of being called a 'dog' and being noted 'just as bad as they are' as previously mentioned in posts?

This laugable concept of GA loyalty sems just a tad far fetched, it's not my responsibility to care for the way others run their business and how they feed their family and pay for their house

My 'swipe' as you call it from my first post was hardly at any one specific user, did i mention a name?

You have overlooked the fact that you came out swinging at me from my first post. Would you expect anything less of the same from me?

My post obviously hit a nerve with you.... care to share any facts on the topic of DiMap?

StandardUserName
21st Jul 2009, 23:32
Oh get over yourself.... seriously.

My dealings with DiMap have been quite good, we've been paid and they were friendly and the work was a refreshing change to the norm.

My reason for not naming myself or anyone that i work with is that they will be named 'dogs' and labeled 'just as bad as DiMap' for taking on the work as previously noted in earlier posts, we do not need that kind of negative attention.

:ok:

ZEEBEE
22nd Jul 2009, 03:37
Perhaps your failings to actually type with a factual reply rather than a poorly constructed flame to someone you dont even know show that your own reply might have benfitted from some thought before posting.

Either way you dont know me, the least you can do is be curteous.... and yes so what if it's insider info. My comments are factual and true so why dont you go off and have a cry before you decide to randomly flame people for presenting their opinion for open discussion.

why dont you go away and learn the english language before you post again

All the bolded indicate lack of English lol

StandardUserName
22nd Jul 2009, 03:52
Why dont you add something constructive to the conversation?
Now go have a cry at someone else's spelling mistakes. :D

PennyBenjamin
22nd Jul 2009, 07:30
Standardusername I know you are new to this forum, and probably not a pilot, but have a browse through every post on every forum herein and then send that to the 'gm' for use in a defamation suite. If anyting written on this site was usable in a defamation action there would be a lot of pilots in jail.

If you have had a good experience with this operator then good on you. There are dozens of others in this forum who have not - wake up. You don't see any of the other survey mob's being accused of these business practices. Where there's smoke, there is fire. Reputable operators don't get accused of these antics on this forum.

Maybe take a walk around Moorabbin, Essendon or Bankstown and ask about what these guys are really like to work with and if they pay bills. Or maybe you already know this. Then take a look at the County court of Victoria's archives in relation to this company, and then ASIC's archives, then the ATO's.

StandardUserName
22nd Jul 2009, 08:32
G'day Penny, thanks for your warm welcome... as you state yes i am newly registered (not to be confused with new to the website) although i may not be a commercial pilot yet, I do indeed fly from time to time.

At no point in time have i ever stated that other users opinions were wrong, rather that my own experience with DiMap has been satisfactory and actually pleasant which obviously conflicts with what has been said in this thread - an opinion which according to SIUYA wasnt well thought out? Dont know how he/she came to that conclusion but oh well, moving on!

I am not the enemy here it just seems to me that too many people are so eager to ruin things for others without being fully informed, in our industry far too many people destory the lives and business reputations for people without a second thought for their own personal gain.

We lost some hundreds of thousands of dollars to a dodgy engineer some years ago who wouldnt complete maintenance iaw CASA regs, pilfered and stole components from aircraft to benefit his own - but I wont rumour his name around the world despite his actions of doing exactly that to us, so yes i know how it feels to be falsely accused.

I've been reading threads on this website for sometime and only decided that i should reply to this thread as it seemed relevent to my own operation, having dealt with DiMap previously, I diligently did my own research as i do with all my clients - I required money in the bank before a single compressor blade was turned.

The fact is people see what they want to see and when an opinion that differs from their own is presented their first reaction is to flame and discredit it.... whether it is true or not.

Perhaps if there is so much evidence of malpractice on DiMaps behalf then you would be willing to share it (privately of course) and i would be happy to divulge some of my notes to you to support the opposite?

Rumour Network or not, there's always two sides to every story and combining the two will often get you close to the truth, but not all of it.

PennyBenjamin
22nd Jul 2009, 12:24
The best way to find the truth in this issue is to ask around, and all the humbug suggests this is a very dodgy operation.

I know personally that families and induviduals have lost big money at the hands of these guys, and they don't pay bills because legal fees are too high for contractors to bother suing for outstanding monies.
The fact that over 10 GA operators used by them in the last 5 years and will no longer touch them with a barge pole - go figure.
A rumour network yes, but the reason this site has credability is because almost every rumour here has some credability, this one certainly does.

Have fun working with them generic name, maybe it is you who should consult a lawyer, because when they don't pay you, lets see how you feel!!

StandardUserName
22nd Jul 2009, 13:04
Seems as though we each have our own opinion PB, i feel for those who have lost out on being paid truely i do, it's not a good position to be in at all.

Perhaps indeed their time will come and the matter can be amicably resolved for them, maybe not.

From an operators point of view perhaps allowing such a sizeable debt to be carried was a poor business decision? What can you do, stop service? But if the only other option is bankruptcy then surely you have no choice?

How much money can your business afford to carry to a debtor?
Where do you draw the line? 10k? 20k? 50k? 250k?

Either way, seems like the answer is pretty clear to me.