PDA

View Full Version : USA MATs1 equivalent

rua
10th Jun 2009, 11:27
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could let me know where I can get a copy of the FAA's equivalent of the U.k's manual of air traffic. I am ATCO in the UK exploring my employment options in the States.
Cheers,

Rua

Scooby Don't
10th Jun 2009, 17:44
Well, there might be a way round it.....

AFAIR there are two ways of becoming a US citizen without first being a law-abiding resident alien for a few years.

No1. Marry a US diplomat overseas. So, just hang around Grosvenor Square in London looking studly and hope for the best.

No2. Fight for the USA in a foreign war. I have no idea why it has to be a foreign war; then again they don't seem too likely to have another civil war, with even Fox "News" appearing to accept that Obama is the lawfully elected president.

The latter is probably the surest bet, and with the US forces struggling to meet recruiting targets you might have a chance! Just go on holiday to the US, present yourself as a walk-in at a USAF recruiting office and hope that you're one of the lucky few selected for ATC instead of runway inspections at Baghdad International.

Now comes the hard bit. You need Congress to declare war on somebody (somebody foreign - see above). Iraq might work, depending on the citizenship judge, but the only sure thing is a declared war. Make sure you get a posting to the war zone, because sunning yourself at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, will not get a campaign medal. Being the US forces, you probably will get medals for bunk-making, efficient saluting and excellence in the field of latrine cleaning. Now just apply for citizenship, and when you're finally able to get an honourable discharge, apply to join the loooooong waiting list for a job with the FAA.

What could possibly go wrong? :ok:

Roffa
10th Jun 2009, 20:28
Is this what you're looking for? (http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/atc/)

rua
10th Jun 2009, 21:44
Perfect. Thanks Roffa