PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 24hr, 2009 : Reqd Paperwork

yakyakyakyak
9th Jun 2009, 14:51
just been asked to fly down to the 24hr at short notice.

what paperwork do we need for the permit gazelle and how long will it take to sort;

flew there in 1988 to watch the jags win that was in a fixed wing (i can not believe it was 21 years ago!!)

thinking ;

heli surface permit.
permit dispensation for France.
custom/ VAT paid bills of sale
anything else.

is it doable in the time avail ie leave on friday.

any help appreciated

cheers
yak

md 600 driver
9th Jun 2009, 16:07
yak
dont build up your hopes its a bit short for the helisurface if required [you could always go and land at airport

the obvious items
licence
insurance
permit to fly
certificate release to service
radio licence
tech log

cant remember which gaz you got but if in mil colours and permission not to carry reg marks you will need to affix the uk registration marks

the permitdispensation for france is a sketchy one some say not required some do if yours was a permit issued by the LAA /PFA its ok but by the CAA as in the gaz case no

estapona who comes on here flys through france regularly in his permit gaz i will ask him to add his comments re france

best of luck if i can help call me steve

yakyakyakyak
9th Jun 2009, 16:35
thanks for response

dont build up your hopes its a bit short for the helisurface if required [you could always go and land at airport ok so if we land @ Le Mans aeroclub will be ok ??
the obvious items

licence
insurance
permit to fly
certificate release to service
radio licence
tech log

all the above ok.

cant remember which gaz you got but if in mil colours and permission not to carry reg marks you will need to affix the uk registration marks

its AH11 navy originally put on by london heli

the permitdispensation for france is a sketchy one some say not required some do if yours was a permit issued by the LAA /PFA its ok but by the CAA as in the gaz case no looks civy

estapona who comes on here flys through france regularly in his permit gaz i will ask him to add his comments re france thanks

best of luck if i can help call me steve. many thanks jon

estepo
9th Jun 2009, 16:39
Jon

You need to contact Direction Generale de L'Aviation Civile, ref Laissez-passer provisoire Nš 984/08.

You can probably source this and pay through their website.

Regards

Estepo

yakyakyakyak
10th Jun 2009, 09:29
thanks.

do i need to do this if only landing @ an airfield in france. ie no private landing sites??

yak

md 600 driver
10th Jun 2009, 20:09
pete
I'm not sure about this
Direction Generale de L'Aviation Civile, ref Laissez-passer provisoire Nš 984/08.

thats for the permit to fly permission

if you are landing at airports you dont need helisurface

Hover Bovver
11th Jun 2009, 06:01
You will need a copy of the interception procedures also !

And Pilot Pete there is no option at Le Mans except landing at the airfield , so you could have gone .

Also you will need to get a copy of AIP 091/09 and book a slot at LFRM at least 48hrs before , you get your departure slot when you arrive !