PDA

View Full Version : filling out logsheet

blbl8326
9th Jun 2009, 00:32
I am going to fly soon and want to ask whether the pilots would be willing to fill out the log sheet I bring onboard.

Bealzebub
9th Jun 2009, 01:00
If you mean those passenger logbooks that record the flights you have done, number of miles etc. Then yes I am sure you will be able to give it to one of the cabin crew and have it filled in by the Captain.

We get these things quite regularly and some of them are an interesting read, where the individual clearly started it when they were 8 and are still having it filled in at 68.

blbl8326
9th Jun 2009, 08:36
Yes, I mean the pax's own logbooks
I am not sure which airline you work for, but I saw from other forum saying that sometimes pilots refuse to fill it in for the pax, not sure why though
and is cockpit visit allowed after parked into gate?

Otto Throttle
9th Jun 2009, 11:53
The vast majority of pilots would be happy to oblige with both requests, with the length of flight deck visit being dictated by length of turnaround, or whether the crew have finished their flying for the day.

There are however, as in any job, a number of miserable farts who simply wish to be unhelpful and anti-social.

blbl8326
10th Jun 2009, 11:09
so when would it be a good time to hand in the logbook along with the request of visiting the flight deck? Are photos allowed?

coconut99
11th Jun 2009, 13:34
We get a few of them now and then, and most pilots will be happy to fill it in. Some may not fill it out as they could be too busy, or are simply too stuck up to do anything that’s not written in their contract.

Give it to one of the flight attendants while in the cruise and explain to them what you would like to do. Best time is when the flight attendants aren't too busy.

As for the photos, I've had a few passengers ask a flight attendant if the flight attendant could come in and take a photo on behalf of the passenger during flight. This is fine provided we aren't busy. On one occasion while flying near the Himalayas, I took the passengers high-tech looking camera off the flight attendant after finding the pax had a middle section seat and kept it in the flight deck for about two hours. Got some great pics of Everest and a few other fantastic sights for them. Keeps us briefly entertained also.

Cheers,

coco