PDA

View Full Version : Any guy from Spain in Nats?

tosta
7th Jun 2009, 09:37
Hello, IŽm starting the course of NATS this summer and IŽd like to know if thereŽs anyone from Spain to help me out before I get there.

Also IŽd like to know for sharing house and get information about the course.

Thank you very much.

Loki
7th Jun 2009, 10:06
There are a couple of Spanish trainees at the college at present....I`m sure they`ll be of help to you when you get there.

paperclip810
7th Jun 2009, 10:22
Hiya Tosta,

You should have been sent details of how to access the Departure Lounge bit of the NATS website - quite a few people on the summer course (220) are already starting to sort out house sharing on there. There's also a facebook group - NATS 220 - join that and you can get in touch with some people on your own course... no other Spanish people I think, but everyone's very friendly!

Dee Mac
7th Jun 2009, 17:03
Any Brits working in Spain?

Tower Ranger
7th Jun 2009, 18:11
I didn`t expect the Spanish Inquisition !

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
7th Jun 2009, 18:14
I can't imagine any Spanish controllers wanting to work here. They get paid handsomely with, I believe, a 100% pension to age 75!!!

ImnotanERIC
8th Jun 2009, 08:06
There is a guy from spain, valid in the TC ops room on midlands, has been for about a year now. his name is manuel, he is from barcelona.

alfaman
8th Jun 2009, 08:30
"his name is manuel, he is from barcelona." - how's his Siberian hamster?:8

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Jun 2009, 08:37
When I first started in this crazy game I worked at a civil ACC and dealt with traffic at a nearby USAF base. I had to learn the routine phraseology "Contact GCA on stud 4 or manual 385.4" My supervisor assured me it was because the GCA man was Spanish. Only took me 3 years to realise he was pulling my leg!!!!!

Mr A Tis
8th Jun 2009, 10:19
Two Spanish guys are at Manchester Centre

DIAF
8th Jun 2009, 11:05
<<I can't imagine any Spanish controllers wanting to work here. They get paid handsomely with, I believe, a 100% pension to age 75!!!>>

The tests in Spain are much much harder. I'm talking about people studying years to try to pass them and still a huge failure rate.

Mister Geezer
8th Jun 2009, 15:30
There is a guy from spain, valid in the TC ops room on midlands, has been for about a year now. his name is manuel, he is from barcelona.

Very distinctive voice - you can't miss it!!!

Inverted81
8th Jun 2009, 19:25
TC manuel... he like jagermeister!!! :ok:

Morph44uk
9th Jun 2009, 08:32
NATS have a project office in Madrid, working with Indra on the iTEC project. Its at the Indra site in Torrejon de Ardoz