View Full Version : Amelia Earhart PNG Theory

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Airbubba
28th Jul 2018, 16:16
So back then before the interweb and television, did everyone have a HF sitting at home, is that what they are trying to lead us to believe?

Well in the 40's- I had a crystal radio that at night could pick up an AM radio station KSL salt lake from the san franciso area . ... so obviously one could pick up a high freq bounce form 4 times that distance .....

Not so sure that's a good comparison. SFO to SLC is about 600 miles, the distance from Gardner Island to points in the continental U.S. is more like 6000 miles.

Also, Earhart and Noonan had a nominal 50 watt HF transmitter with a relatively simple antenna. KSL upgraded their transmitter to 50,000 watts in 1932 with a ten-acre grounding array. See the lower righthand corner of page 9 in this issue of Broadcasting magazine:

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-BC/BC-1932/1932-11-01-BC.pdf

Harmonics in early aircraft transmitters were presumably not suppressed as well as they are today but I would guess that the first harmonic of the 6210 kHz signal would probably have less than five watts of radiated power at 12420 kHz. It seems very unlikely to me that these weaker harmonics would be received by housewives and children on 'family radios' back in the States. The TIGHAR paper cited above assigns small probabilities of reception to many of the civilian reception reports but in several cases then rates them as credible or credible beyond a reasonable doubt. :confused:

By the late 1930's the superheterodyne receiver was indeed commonplace in American homes with many having shortwave reception on frequencies above the AM broadcast band. As you know, your 1940's crystal set had no RF or audio amplification so you did need that really good clear channel signal from KSL to power the high impedance headphones for listening.

CONSO
28th Jul 2018, 20:58
[QUOTE]Not so sure that's a good comparison. SFO to SLC is about 600 miles, the distance from Gardner Island to points in the continental U.S. is more like 6000 miles.

GEEZE- I should have found a emoji thatclearly denoted sarcasm - which in line with the rest of my comments I thought was obvious !:ugh:
Well in the 40's- I had a crystal radio that at night could pick up an AM radio station KSL salt lake from the san franciso area . ... so obviously one could pick up a high freq bounce form 4 times that distance .....

And I'm sure that most will be amazed that two wasp engines can be totally dissolved in sea water with no traee .

How many believe that a aircraft engine -with aluminum, steel, magnesium, and aothere alloyn parts could totally disintegrate in salt water even with alternate exposure to air and salt water and leave NO trace??

In the era of the late 30's- a lot of things ' broadcast " from whatever source were taken as absolute fact :ooh:

Look up Orsen wells and his famous broadcast or newspapers like W randolph hearst and some infamous stories - and just a relatively unique ( for that era and time ) HF beacon was used in place of a low freq.

dabo
29th Jul 2018, 03:55
So back then before the interweb and television, did everyone have a HF sitting at home, is that what they are trying to lead us to believe?

Actually- Yes...
Many 1930's radios had shortwave included, usually from 1-3 Mhz up to 20-30 Mhz and often 6Mhz was the bottom of one of the bands as many had several SW bands (to make tuning easier)
(not sure of linking ability here yet, but google "frequency dial of 1930's radio" and click on images, you will see many examples)
Shortwave was indeed the major radio frequencies, as many rural areas still had no local stations and stations like the BBC were often peoples only choice (the BBC began shortwave broadcasts on 9.30am, Saturday 19 December,1932, and included a frequency very close to Amelias frequency, and of course shortwave has (at the appropriate times) ranges in the thousands of Km (which is why broadcasters like BBC world service chose them

(I have personal experience using AM only, during the cycle22, of reaching the USA on only 4w, using a 1ft helical antenna mobile from Australia- it was a very brief contact, but it did happen, and made my day!)

I still find Davids theory the most likely though, to me the holy grail would be the finding of that tag!!!
(or of course the plane itself)

Airbubba
29th Jul 2018, 18:33
In the era of the late 30's- a lot of things ' broadcast ' from whatever source were taken as absolute fact :ooh:

Some things never change. ;) In this TIGHAR puff piece on CBS Ric tells us that 'the case is closed':

CBS NEWS July 28, 2018, 9:54 AM

Amelia Earhart case "closed" after analysis of her distress signals, researcher says

The disappearance of aviator Amelia Earhart 81 years ago is one of the greatest mysteries in American history. Researchers revealed a new clue this week that may shed light on what happened to Earhart and her navigator, Fred Noonan, as they tried to circle the globe.

Ric Gillespie, who has researched Earhart's doomed flight for 30 years, says he has proof that Earhart crash-landed on a remote South Pacific island about 2,000 miles from Hawaii, and that she called for help for nearly a week before her plane was swept out to sea.

"Everybody expected a happy ending to the search because Amelia was out there calling for help and her calls were being heard," Gillespie said.

He has located documentation of distress signals that were sent in the days after Earhart's disappearance. Those signals prompted the Navy to launch a rescue mission.

"It took the battleship a week to get there, by which time the radio signals had stopped, and when the planes flew over the island, they didn't see an airplane," Gillespie said.

"Now the airplane's manufacturer, Lockheed, had said that if you're hearing calls from this airplane it's not floating around in the water because the radios would be wet, it wouldn't work. The airplane is on land and able to run an engine to recharge the battery, so it's on its wheels. She's made a safe landing someplace," Gillespie said.

Gillespie said the calls weren't just heard by the Navy, but also by dozens of people who unexpectedly picked up Earhart's transmissions on their radios thousands of miles away. Reports of people hearing calls for help were documented in places like Florida, Iowa and Texas. One woman in Canada reported hearing a voice saying "we have taken in water. … We can't hold on much longer."

Gillespie's organization, The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery, has also found forensic evidence that bones found on the island (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amelia-earhart-bones-found-in-1940-belong-to-pilot-researcher-claims/) are almost certainly Earhart's.

While the official stance is that Earhart and Noonan were lost at sea, Gillespie said the radio evidence only strengthens his theory that they survived the initial landing.

"This case is closed," Gillespie said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amelia-earhart-case-closed-after-analysis-of-her-distress-signals-researcher-says/

Squawk7700
30th Jul 2018, 00:58
"we have taken in water. … We can't hold on much longer."

Sounds like the woman in Canada heard the distress call from a sinking ship. Doesn't sound much like an aircraft. You'd barely have time to get out a radio call, let alone a week later.

TomGwyn
30th Jul 2018, 06:07
Sounds like the woman in Canada heard the distress call from a sinking ship. Doesn't sound much like an aircraft. You'd barely have time to get out a radio call, let alone a week later.

If the aircraft had to be on dry land for the radio to work, it couldn't have been taking on water.

suninmyeyes
31st Jul 2018, 13:53
I remember reading Ralph Barker's "Great Mysteries Of the Air" in the 1960s which highlighted, amongst others, Amelia Earhart's disappearance. In that book it said that garbled radio transmissions were received for 7 days after her disappearance and were contradictory and it became very clear they were from hoaxers. It would be easy to cherry pick some of the radio calls to prove one's theory that the plane was floating or marooned on an atoll. KHAQQ was not a secret and should not be used to verify that the calls were genuine.

Squawk7700
1st Aug 2018, 13:04
My little boy brought this home from school and thinks it's a great book. Reading this thread, I'm not so sure I agree with him!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/384x512/am_d97d88ef8ac97612930e0030cc5fa76ca27a8327.jpg

TomGwyn
1st Aug 2018, 20:52
I see Mr G. has "Closed the case." Hopefully, then, we will hear no more about the unfortunate bones.

Allan L
3rd Aug 2018, 22:51
Have just read the story in The Australian newspaper (in their weekend magazine.) Good story for the public. Well done David.

Behind a paywall, but a Goggle search on this phrase might get you in: What happened to famed US pilot Amelia Earhart?

Airbubba
3rd Aug 2018, 23:12
Behind a paywall, but a Goggle search on this phrase might get you in: What happened to famed US pilot Amelia Earhart?

This link seems to work at the moment in the U.S.:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/weekend-australian-magazine/did-australian-soldiers-find-amelia-earharts-plane-in-papua-new-guinea/news-story/19b9a7a0700370cea1a6cef6835d20f2

Airbubba
4th Aug 2018, 00:09
Good article, the paywall seems to pop up after opening the link more than once on the same device. Sometimes you can clean browser cookies with CCleaner Official Site (http://www.ccleaner.com) and reset the paywalls to first articles free. The article will probably be republished on other media outlets in the days to come.

Nice video with David and some of the survivors of the 1945 PNG jungle aircraft find. At the end of the video David tells of a report that the aircraft was buried by a bulldozer operator in the 1990's.

I remember seeing a couple of Model 10 Electra's in commuter airline service in Boston in the early 1970's. One was with PBA (Provincetown-Boston Airlines) and I believe there was another smaller operator as well.

Tales and urban legends of Earhart's navigator Fred Noonan were still going around Pan Am when I was there three decades ago.

XP-72
5th Aug 2018, 22:28
interesting aside from today's NY Post

https://nypost.com/2018/08/04/this-fly-girl-almost-beat-amelia-earhart-across-the-atlantic/

propertee64
18th Aug 2018, 13:52
David, Have you had any useful contacts yet from The Australian article?

1splitpin
19th Aug 2018, 00:44
See David's web site "Earhart Lockheed Electra Search Project" for some more comments.

CONSO
20th Aug 2018, 03:48
Instead of Tighar

try

https://earhartsearchpng.com/2016/01/16/earhart-lockheed-electra-search-project/

and read kelley Johnson LAC report 487 for a few facts as to real range

https://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/Archives/Documents/Report_487/Report487.pdf
the only real facts tighar found

Analysis Range
Prepared byPrepared by C.L.. Johnson
DateDate JuneJune 4, 1936
LOCKHEED AIRCRAFT CORP.

ModelModel 10E

pay close attention to page 9 and effects of staying within 140 to 150 TAS for 16,500 AUW- but earhart started with about 15000 plus or minus AUW . . .
Report NoReport No 487487

propertee64
3rd Sep 2018, 07:14
David, I see your earhartsearchpng website has many comments linked in with discussion here. The range issue has so many variables, in terms of weather conditions, time turned back, position - not to mention
other scenarios some of which cannot be totally discounted however unlikely they might seem. You seem unwavering in your thoughts - is there anything that has arisen in terms of new information that has changed your perception of
the events surrounding all this?

David Billings
5th Sep 2018, 07:30
@propertee64

No, not really.... nothing has changed for me to discard "my unwavering" thoughts on the matter.

As far as I am concerned and where my thoughts are, like any pilot, her thoughts would be on getting to somewhere which would mean the aircraft would be in one piece, she had already busted it once that year. The whole complexity of the events and the later found evidence point to the Electra being on that hill, that is all I can think.

On the one hand we have an aircraft type fabled for its' long range, think this particular one, C/N 1055 which did have a Flight Plan for 4307 statute miles across the Sahara from DAKAR to ADEN in 28 hours and 40 minutes, then think of C/N 1065 "The Daily Express, flown by Merrill and Lambie across the Atlantic (twice) in 1937 and later this same C/N 1065 used by Sir Hubert Wilkins in the Arctic on long search flights there before finally being sold to Russie. C/N 1055 is the only Lockheed Electra that cannot be accounted for.

Then, on the other hand, we have evidence that it rests on a hill in East New Britain, evidence which comes from some AIF Veterans who happened on aircraft wreckage which fits the bill, the main evidence being an S3H1 WASP engine, which should not be where it is...... They happened on it and the unpainted aircraft itself, purely by chance because they were not supposed to be where they were according to their patrol Orders.

To me and a growing number of people, it all adds up.

propertee64
3rd Oct 2018, 08:50
Any more updates on things David?

David Billings
3rd Oct 2018, 23:30
@propertee64 and all...

Yes, I can say that there has been a development. I can't say much more as I am trying to work through the minefield it has created from third parties.
This has occurred not from the person who will fund it but from other people.
Trying to work through this.
I wish I could do this out of my own funds but can't afford any more outlay.

David

Global Aviator
6th Nov 2018, 10:19
This thread needs a bump to the top.

Moderators why not make it sticky?

What if’s... if not’s..... surely this endeavour worth helping to get to what may lie beneath!

propertee64
16th Nov 2018, 13:10
I find it amazing that apart from the article in The Australian which appeared recently , media sources do not seem interested in doing anything on David Billings work on the Earhart case.. Whatever is found in PNG is going to be an interesting story of the search .
You would think his extensive and detailed website would spark some interest and curiosity.

Global Aviator
17th Nov 2018, 09:35
I just don’t get it either. What a fabulous story it would make. As I’ve previously said with the huge push for women into aviation, is there not a female rich lister who could be interested?

Airline wakey wakey, what a great way to stir up female interest in aviation.

Or is that to much thinking?

troppo
25th Jan 2019, 20:30
Amelia Earhart discovery? Researchers eye Papua New Guinea ‘wreck site’ (https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/amelia-earhart-discovery-researchers-eye-papua-new-guinea-wreck-site/news-story/e6f015d4272d4bf5b2af4032101e0cad)

https://sputniknews.com/society/201901251071831935-amelia-earhart-plane-papua-new-guinea/

1splitpin
25th Jan 2019, 20:59
Looks like things are starting to move also on David Billings efforts - both based upon turning around and heading back

25th Jan 2019, 22:47
media sources do not seem interested in doing anything on David Billings work on the Earhart case

The problem is that David is not bashing the Govt or playing identity politics.

David Billings
26th Jan 2019, 04:48
...Er, indeed "Yes", . I stay well away from those.....

The BUKA Island find has existed since 2005 and I recall an article in the PNG Post-Guria circa 2008 which described the wreck and its' box of gold protected by a very large sea snake.

I also seem to recall one photobraph of a mainwheel and tyre assembly off of the wreck which was not a small diameter hub and a balloon type tyre. U.S. Researchers into losses of WWII aircraft in that area concliuded that the wreck was a missing Lockheed Ventura known to have gone down somewhere near to the BUKA Passage. There was a USN Squadron of the type further down to the south pf Bougainville Island that were radar equipped.

It is interesting that the US Group have had divers down there but have not brought up one piece of the wreck that would identify it. If it was the Earhart Electra just one of the fuselage LHS refuelling panels with two QR fasteners would raise my unterest .

1splitpin
26th Jan 2019, 05:00
Crowd funding not blowing the target budget away ???

propertee64
26th Jan 2019, 12:03
Shouldn't the people involved be able to ascertain fairly quickly whether it is that Ventura that went missing? It would save a lot of mucking about and unnecessary fund raising.
Surely local divers could bring up a few items to clarify the aircraft type.

1splitpin
26th Jan 2019, 21:29
The Project Angel GoFundMe may be a very very long wait to reach the target $200k.

CONSO
27th Jan 2019, 04:47
The Project Angel GoFundMe may be a very very long wait to reach the target $200k.

I smell boondoggle - forget a piece of airplane- find an engine- if its NOT a WASP, it is NOT hers

a thin piece of aluminum may corrode - doubtful an engine will corrode down to zip - nor will tides move it very far

1splitpin
27th Jan 2019, 07:46
David Billings funding efforts seem to have had the same afflictions.Some recent sad failed funding posts seem to have disappeared from his Web site after all the recent publicity in the Australian Media.It is a pity that David cannot resolve the funding issues as it appears to be the most convincing of all the theories presented to date.

David Billings
27th Jan 2019, 22:54
1splitpin says:
"David Billings funding efforts seem to have had the same afflictions.Some recent sad failed funding posts seem to have disappeared from his Web site after all the recent publicity in the Australian Media.It is a pity that David cannot resolve the funding issues as it appears to be the most convincing of all the theories presented to date."

One of the funding afflictions is that when rich people do approach me with ideas about funding the Project one of the problems is that they never, ever, want to use their own money. They always say they have "connections" or "know" people who will fund it so the search for funding then develops into a search for OPM - Other Peoples Money, never their own.
Another problem is when they have "Dollar SIgns" for eyes and Greed gets in the way.
"Control" also raises its' ugly head and control of the project becomes the aim.

I have had "all of the above".

Lastly , although I have been in Aviation in one form or another for nearly 70 years, "What would I know, Me, an old geezer living in Queensland " ?

machtuk
27th Jan 2019, 23:38
1splitpin says:
"David Billings funding efforts seem to have had the same afflictions.Some recent sad failed funding posts seem to have disappeared from his Web site after all the recent publicity in the Australian Media.It is a pity that David cannot resolve the funding issues as it appears to be the most convincing of all the theories presented to date."

One of the funding afflictions is that when rich people do approach me with ideas about funding the Project one of the problems is that they never, enver, want to use their own money. They always say they have "connections" or "know" people who will fund it so the search for funding then develops into a search for OPM - Other Peoples Money, never their own.
Another problem is when they have "Dollar SIgns" for eyes and Greed gets in the way.
"Control" also raises its' ugly head and control of the project becomes the aim.

I have had "all of the above".

Lastly , although I have been in Aviation in one form or another for nearly 70 years, "What would I know, Me, an old geezer living in Queensland " ?

Yr pretty much spot on there David.
…..sadly the few chosen words I have highlighted say it all about Aviation especially when it comes to history of same.
I fear the mystery will remain so for sometime yet:-(

1splitpin
28th Jan 2019, 03:57
The public has been flogged to death with donations for starving children, refugees, adopt a child, homeless people, foreign aid to corrupt Pacific nations and on and on etc., so what hope has of any very risky AA venture got of raising sufficient public funds.

propertee64
1st Feb 2019, 08:33
At some point David might just get lucky with a wealthy backer or TV production company taking an interest. It just seems odd that with all his detailed website information that somebody somewhere with the money cannot see the potential , especially when other organisations seem to raise money without too much difficulty for all kinds of things. That he has battled on for a long while now is great credit to him and his colleagues.

1splitpin
1st Feb 2019, 09:09
Yes, maybe it has something to do with working in PNG from Australia with all the associated problems with potential ownership / access of the wreck.Maybe the potential backers are too greedy for a quick media buck and are not interested in the long term opportunities.Hopefully this will all change shortly.

tail wheel
1st Feb 2019, 19:16
https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/amelia-earhart-discovery-researchers-eye-papua-new-guinea-wreck-site/news-story/e6f015d4272d4bf5b2af4032101e0cad

"The project’s members have been studying the site for 13 years and say that wreckage off Buka Island could be from Earhart’s Lockheed Electra 10E."

Could? 13 years to identify an aircraft type??? :ooh:

4 Holer
1st Feb 2019, 20:46
Guys, That is a B24 under the water in the news Video note the wheel well between the engines. The wing has two engines on each side with Hamilton Standard prop and cowl rings. If you google B24 Landing gear you will see the wheel well in the wing between the 3/4 engine nacelles...... 13 second not 13 years to figure that one out.

1splitpin
1st Feb 2019, 21:10
The wrong image ?? B-24 bomber nicknamed the 'Tulsamerican' see the projectblueangel.com/images for the correct ones.

1splitpin
3rd Feb 2019, 21:38
Things $ are picking up. A very slick web site (not too cluttered) at projectblueangel.com

CONSO
3rd Feb 2019, 23:43
Things $ are picking up. A very slick web site (not too cluttered) at projectblueangel.com

99 and 4/100ths BS

turnaroind at 12 hours - pure pucky

Squawk7700
4th Feb 2019, 01:34
Unfortunately news.com.au put up videos at the top of the news articles that sort-of relate to the story you’re reading. It can be very annoying and misleading.

1splitpin
4th Feb 2019, 02:22
Things $ are picking up. A very slick web site (not too cluttered) at projectblueangel.comContent was not considered, only the presentation ideas for other ventures.

Cazalet33
17th Feb 2019, 19:54
Yet again, the tired old Diversion theory is being resurrected. As always, with a plea for money.

This time it is for money to support the theory that she diverted to an alternate landing site within flying range of Destination.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/17/newly-discovered-footage-may-solve-riddle-amelia-earharts-disappearance/

CONSO
18th Feb 2019, 02:06
Yet again, the tired old Diversion theory is being resurrected. As always, with a plea for money.

This time it is for money to support the theory that she diverted to an alternate landing site within flying range of Destination.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/17/newly-discovered-footage-may-solve-riddle-amelia-earharts-disappearance/

The problem IS and always has been about the net RANGE. which in turn is a function of when they knew they missed and how far long or short of Howland.

within flying RANGE depends on winds and of course direction re wind.

And despite all the above - how does the tighar types explain an old aussie patrol map of an area in PNG_ New britian - within less than 100 miles from rabual which describes a wasp engine and electra manufacturing number which matches ?

Checklist Charlie
18th Feb 2019, 03:11
how does the tighar types explain etc, etc, etc
They won't as it doesn't fit their agenda. Besides they believe they are the only ones able to solve the 'riddle'.
Heaven forbid anyone other than an American find the answers as to where is their aviatrix.
Keep going David as best you can.

CC

propertee64
18th Feb 2019, 11:31
Don't tar everybody with the same brush! I think David has US supporters too! Admittedly the bulk of money raised in the Earhart search has been raised and gone to US based people.
Where is that new elusive monied supporter to start backing him?!

David Billings
19th Feb 2019, 07:05
Checklist C: That certainly spurs me on.... I am 79 but ...not crippled except for dough....

I have a nice gentleman in OHIO who is granting some reserch in the Archives at NARA in WAS but I need to get down to the AWM in CBR... When I went to the AWM (twice ) in the late 90's I was able to see some records but other records were not available due to the programme underway to digitise the AWM52 (WWII) records and I couldn't complete the task I had in mind. The ones I wanted were of the 11th Battalion, 13 Brigade and 5th Division for a brief period, 19th April to 24th May 1945. Besides being not available for viewing at the time, I was told by a Curator that 13 Brigade (A purely HQ Unit controlling three Battalions) had not served in New Guinea at all and there were no records for that time..
There obviously are records as 13 Brigade are mentioned in the 11Bn and 5th AUST Div records which are now digitised and availble on the AWM Website. 13 Brigade Records have still not been digitised but I am told they are now available for viewing.

Does anyone living in Canberra want to do a nice little research task which will take about two hours at the most ? I would do it myself but I'm a bit pinched at the moment with a few bills pending and what with the tyranny of distance as well..... I will communicate full details of what to look for.

Apart from that, my memory kicked in over the last few weeks and I have been kicking myself because we may have already sat down over the site for a breather while climbing the hill. "before" we positively knew it had been buried by a pesky bulldozer driver. Suspicion had arisen that it was buried simply because we had not seen it and neither had the local people. We were climbing up the side of the hill and rested on an earthen bank which jutted out a little with a bit of a bank about six feet high. I was the last to get to my feet and as I did so I switched on my Metal Detector and got a beep. I did register the site as Waypoint 93 (WP93). A beep in itself was not unusual for you often do get a beep as there is Ironstone in the hill. I thought little of it at the time as we were fixated on the top spine or ridgeline track as the area where Patrol A1 had walked acrosss the hill but now my memory has clicked in that earthen bank seen in 2007 or 2008 mihght very well be the place because it fits the scenario (as do other places) and walking Google Earth at ground level up to the spurline and looking to the South the mountauns do come into view as described by Ken Backhouse, the Patrol Lieutenant. So WP93 now beomes a priority for check and possible dig next time...

propertee64
30th Apr 2019, 09:08
Can you update things please David?

Grebe
20th Oct 2019, 19:42
Per advertisement- A Mr Ballard ( guy who found titanic ) will describe his search for Earhart on/around/underwater/on land a remote island ( nickamoroo) ? claiming that she may have landed there, etc.
Of course he found zip - nada- nothing

But will come back in two years to another nearby island.

Problem is they refuse to believe what little evidence is available that an Wasp engine tag was found about 50 miles from Rabual- during later days of ww2 by an aussie patrol

look up Earhart New Britian or

Earhart Lockheed Electra Search Efforts In Papua New Guinea (PNG)

aroa
5th Feb 2020, 01:08
Hi David
Did you manage to get the info you sought from Cantberra ?
Any further news, joy, $$s, plans????

Global Aviator
5th Feb 2020, 07:37
Also did you have any luck with the ID tags or what was it you were chasing in the US?

Any other updates?

whats the season for 2020 to try get to the site?

David Billings
6th Feb 2020, 06:21
@Global Aviator and interested followers....

They found nothing in Canberra and still say that 13 Brigade didn't serve in ENB. No luck with tag or further evidence...

Yes, we are going this year.... can't say anymore but I am in the planning stage. Apparently the driest months are now July through September, that only means it doesn't rain "as much" every day as in the other part of the year. There are very few "no rain" days up there.

David

aroa
6th Feb 2020, 10:57
Thanks for the update. Good to hear you're back into it again this possibly "less rainy season"
Best of luck and I do hope it finally all comes together, with the long awaited outcome.
cheers.

aroa
16th May 2020, 04:33
David, Any further? Acknowledging that C-19 have chucked a mighty spanner in the works.!
You were after Lidar earlier...now cheaper? with drone..as opposed to getting an aircraft into PNG.
Have you spoken with Diodrone p/l at all.? info@diodrone,com.au.

cheers and good hunting.

David Billings
19th May 2020, 06:00
David, Any further? Acknowledging that C-19 have chucked a mighty spanner in the works.!
You were after Lidar earlier...now cheaper? with drone..as opposed to getting an aircraft into PNG.
Have you spoken with Diodrone p/l at all.?.

Thanks, will consider drone although Lithium Batts could be a problem...

Yes the virus looks like it will stop us this year unless we are over it quickly and then depending on airlines and helicopters will be the next question.

News is that we have at last discovered "who" wrote the writing on the map edge. Re-reading the AWM files and multiple Signal Forms shows a match and it turns out that the writer was the Sergeant in the INTELLIGENCE Section of the 11th Battalion HQ Company based at TOL Plantation. He was the Stand-in "I.O." in the time frame as his Officer was away on a Course for 10 weeks. This Sergeant, not only wrote most of the Signals emanating from the11th Battalion HQ, but he was also in charge of the Intelligence Section. He was therefore in a perfecr position to read the U.S. Army response to the report of the Patrol A1 finding the wreckage. We believe the writing is a draft of what he was going to report to Captain Mott, mentioned in the writing.

An "Addendum" explaining all this together with the evidence will be up in Part 5 "Analysis" in the website in the next day or so. I have written the Addendum, it is to be posted shortly.

Hollywood1
26th Mar 2024, 12:39
Claims that Earhart's plane has been found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r05K6ilkNCM

Fris B. Fairing
26th Mar 2024, 20:39
See those numbers written on the wing.
Good luck with that.