PDA

View Full Version : UK ADI vacancies

goatface
5th Jun 2009, 18:58
Early last year a friend resigned from his job to be the primary carer of a sick family member (his employer wouldn't give him the unpaid time off because it entailed an open ended period of time).
He now wants to return to work, his previous employers are fully staffed and despite having several years experience at a major UK airport, he's applied to nearly everyone in the UK with only a modicum of positive response and no interviews yet.

His biggest problem is that he's ADI only, although, at an extreme push, he could probably fund an APS course - although he'd have to borrow all of the cash to do so, so he'd need a reasonable assurance that he could get a job asap afterwards (even better - a refund of the course costs).

Any information on upcoming vacancies would be appreciated.

PM me please, many thanks.

G.F.

Dizzee Rascal
5th Jun 2009, 19:23
Good Luck to your mate. Hope he finds something.

I don't know what other airports are like with regards to recruitment but it is alleged that my non-NATS airport have received not less than 11 CV's recently from ATCOs looking for positions. This is quite novel considering we have difficulties finding suitably licensed candidates when we advertise for ATCOs and we haven't advertised for a year or so:confused: