PDA

View Full Version : Does NATS censor PPRuNe?

radarman
5th Jun 2009, 18:57
Just a quick question. Viewing PPRuNe on a NATS computer (in my break, of course) I can view all the threads, and the pages load almost instantly. But when I try to view the two threads that are critical of NATS :E (The pay negotiations and £45 million cost savings ones) I get the page headers and banner ads, but no posts appear. Is this NATS security playing Big Brother, or something to do with PPRuNe servers being extra busy?

man friday
5th Jun 2009, 19:06
Radarman,

you could always try typing something " deemed disapointing "onto the thread, and see what happens!

If a big :mad: off klaxon goes off and a p45 prints off you know you're correct in your assumptions!!!

radarman
5th Jun 2009, 19:26
mf,
How very succinct! I think the P45 has already been printed. All I have to do is go to the Kremlin to collect it.

PPRuNe Radar
5th Jun 2009, 19:45
If you hit the refresh button when it appears to be slow in loading the page, that usually works.

Cuddles
5th Jun 2009, 22:26
I don't think they censor it, but I have been the subject of a WMs witchhunt. (Even though it was a case of mistaken identity)

fisbangwollop
6th Jun 2009, 08:05
:{No...they just haul you in the office and kick your arse when you write something they dont agree with...!!! free speach indeed...:{

11K-AVML
6th Jun 2009, 09:06
The staff hand book states something along the lines of (this is not a quote), We recognise the importance of the use of discussion boards; although employees may use such sites for information they should not take part in dicussions.
So they do at least state they are happy for people to use them.

PPRuNe Radar
6th Jun 2009, 09:23
No...they just haul you in the office and kick your arse when you write something they dont agree with...!!! free speach indeed..

But that would imply that NATS management are scared of hearing the truth !! ;)

Standard Noise
6th Jun 2009, 14:37
Our PCs won't let me post but I can see all the pages.

Track Jitter
6th Jun 2009, 18:27
No problems viewing or posting from the saltmine.

Vote NO
9th Jun 2009, 08:39
Where do you guys find the time to view PPRUNE at work?

Let me guess, you all work at CTC :}

INCOMING.....>>>>>>>>>>>

:E

http://www.tigerswebdesign.com/tiger/animatedgifs/bomb.gif

Track Jitter
9th Jun 2009, 09:36
Where do you guys find the time to view PPRUNE at work?

Let me guess, you all work at CTC http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif
No, only there once, a flying visit for a meeting!

10W
9th Jun 2009, 11:31
Where do you guys find the time to view PPRuNe at work?

Responsibility free break, innit ? :)

Vote NO
9th Jun 2009, 12:31
Do they get those at CTC ? :E

Radarspod
9th Jun 2009, 12:37
Breaks? Or just ones that are responsibility free? :}

Riverboat
9th Jun 2009, 22:26
I have the impression that there is something nasty and evil about NATS. Am I wrong? Are they really a very nice organisation with an altruistic attitude, and I've just missed it?

RB

man friday
10th Jun 2009, 08:45
RB

If it waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck...................